No announcement yet.

Let me ask you guys a couple questions that I need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    if he is stripped its not because he refuses to fight his mandatory. Its because he's blatantly breaking the IBF rules. Rules he knew of before the Vanes fight was signed & still decided to break the rules.

The question that should be asked is why are the other sanctioning bodies sanctioning this fight

I'm aware of their rules. If they strip him, they strip him. If they don't, I'm sure we will hear of an explanation as to why they didn't strip him.

I don't care if Triple G loses to Charlo in his next fight, Deveryanchenko, Canelo, whoever. I'm not a Triple G fan, I like him but I'm not a fan boy.

I myself don't have a problem with Golovkin fighting Martirosyan due to the circumstances and the situation being what it is and I think it doesn't warrant being stripped is all I'm saying. I usually do not agree with Suliaman at all, but I agree with him on this one. Not that Vanes is worthy, just saying I don't have an issue with it considering the circumstances that come into play.

We can agree to disagree and that's fine. So we agree to disagree. I'm not going to keep going in circles over and over and repeat the same thing.

Some people on this forum don't have an issue with it and some do. And I'm good with that, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and no one is going to change my mind, everyone has their view point on it.

Anyway, I'm on my way to work. Got things to do. We agree to disagree and we can leave it at that.

Have a good day sir.
    Last edited by True That; 04-19-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
      The soft touch is to keep him fresh and active for either his mandatory or his rematch with GG.
      Yea I understand it I just disagree its needed for the best fighters. For all the sh^t Floyd & Manny got during their time on top they fought top ten guys in their division virtually every time out & certainly more than they didn't. I think Floyd specifically there for awhile was fighting top 3 indie ranked guys in a row.

I don't think guys who fight 2-3 times a year should have any soft touches if they are a top guy in the division.

Comment

Well considering he stayed on May 5th and that was the date he was preparing for and had everything set up on his end to go through with staying on that date is his choice (perfectly acceptable also) and Vanes giving the circumstances is alright for a fill in, not an appealing fight because Vanes hasn't been fighting consistently and he was never fun to watch in the first place his best style is a spoiling one but Vanes is a decent gate keeper sort.

If he moved off May 5th then other things come in to play and finding someone better or fighting his mandatory would be better options but since he wanted to go on May 5th which is his right and cool fighting a guy like Vanes is basically the best it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          Well I can answer this one. Because he's the champion, and he's supposed to defend his titles against worthy challengers. Vanes doesn't even appear in the crappy ABC top 15s at the moment, not even at 154
          Not to mention that undeserving opponent is coming off a loss at 154 and a 2 year layoff....while legitimate MWs were vocal about willingness to fight

Strip the clown or suspend him

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
            I'm aware of their rules. If they strip him, they strip him. If they don't, I'm sure we will hear of an explanation as to why they didn't strip him.

I don't care if Triple G loses to Charlo in his next fight, Deveryanchenko, Canelo, whoever. I'm not a Triple G fan, I like him but I'm not a fan boy.

I myself don't have a problem with Golovkin fighting Martirosyan due to the circumstances and the situation being what it is and I think it doesn't warrant being stripped is all I'm saying. I usually do not agree with Suliaman at all, but I agree with him on this one. Not that Vanes is worthy, just saying I don't have an issue with it considering the circumstances that come into play.

We can agree to disagree and that's fine. So we agree to disagree. I'm not going to keep going in circles over and over and repeat the same thing.

Some people on this forum don't have an issue with it and some do. And I'm good with that, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and no one is going to change my mind, everyone has their view point on it.

Anyway, I'm on my way to work. Got things to do. We agree to disagree and we can leave it at that.

Have a good day sir.
            I'm just setting the record straight that if they strip him it's not for not fighting his mandatory. It's for blatantly breaking the IBF rules and telling them to go to hrell with their ruled and we all know the IBF is the strictest sanctioning org.

Comment

I'm just setting the record straight that if they strip him it's not for not fighting his mandatory. It's for blatantly breaking the IBF rules and telling them to go to hrell with their ruled and we all know the IBF is the strictest sanctioning org.

Yup, I know this about the IBF.

I've said everything I want to say on the matter though and I'm good. Whether I agree or disagree with the IBF, you, whoever. Lol, I'm good.

With that being said, have a good evening sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Yea I understand it I just disagree its needed for the best fighters. For all the sh^t Floyd & Manny got during their time on top they fought top ten guys in their division virtually every time out & certainly more than they didn't. I think Floyd specifically there for awhile was fighting top 3 indie ranked guys in a row.

I don't think guys who fight 2-3 times a year should have any soft touches if they are a top guy in the division.
                In this case, we just agree to disagree. The Canelo fight was a very tough fight for GG, and to lose the fight is a big let down in motivation and money. That's why i believe in this case...he should fight anyone he chooses.

He shouldn't be scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for an opponent, but he doesn't need to be warned to fight his mandatory or be stripped...or have to fight a top guy on a few weeks notice.

I don't know who the source was...if it was the actual IBF or just a critic. I don't know who made this threat, but it was assinine in my view.

Comment

1) If he is stripped He's not being stripped for not fighting his mandatory. He's being stripped for not defending his belt against a ranked opponent. People need to learn to read:

2) Vanes isn't a soft touch. Spike would be a soft touch. Vanes is coming off a loss, hasnt fought in 2 years and he isn't a MW. That's a abomination not a soft touch
                  Ranked opponent? Ranked from where to where? Top 10, top 5, top 50 what? As far as I'm concerned everyone who fights professionally is ranked, lmao.

And Motor, **** the IBF. They ranked Derevyanchenko who hasn't fought a ****en live body ever. Yeah Vanes has been out a while, but least Vanes has been in with world competition. Who has Derevyanchenko beat? Ill be looking for this answer. GG is saying...**** YOU IBF! I'd say ****em too. You can read that right?

And second, a Vanes type of opponent is a stay busy fight nothing more. The IBF invoked their rule. If they decide to make the title vacant, in my eyes they aren't really a boxing organization that I care about. If they decide to strip GG then they can keep his title. Who wants to pay sanctioning fees for an organization who threatens to strip him for not fighting a ranked opponent after his super fight opponent is caught cheating!!!??? Rules are rules eh? Lmao

GG is basically saying **** you IBF so live with that-IBF. It's his life and career. IBF should've stayed out of this until GG's fight is over with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    Not to mention that undeserving opponent is coming off a loss at 154 and a 2 year layoff....while legitimate MWs were vocal about willingness to fight

Strip the clown or suspend him
                    Suspend him-for what? Lmao...

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                      answers to.

1) Why should GG be stripped for not fighting his mandatory when he wasn’t fighting his mandatory in the first place?

2) Why isn’t GG allowed to take a soft touch, fight his mandatory next and then the Canelo rematch?

Am I missing something?
                      1 - He shouldn't be stripped, he should only be stripped if his next fight isn't his mando.

2 - As a GGG fan I don't want him fighting soft touches, but perhaps Vanes isn't that soft of a touch.
                      I just struggle to see why, why would you not want to fight Andrade?
                      Andrade is a top level guy who would project your legacy even further if you could get the W over him.

Comment

Working...
                      X