The Greatest Drunk on Earth: Andre the Giant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
    Great find
    He was always a casual dude and it made for great banter with Letterman (who was extremely young)

Comment

Comment

the article is really dissapointing, for website called "drunkard.com" the writer seem too sober.

i was expecting a lot of drunken rambling, hundreds of curse words and maybe some pirate chantey

Comment

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
          Being a giant is a plague if you like alcohol, you must need a colossal amount of booze in your system to feel the buzz.
          what about hardcore drugs?

or even weed.

i wonder if andre the giant did any (didnt read the article).

Comment

Originally posted by No Diggity View Post
            Do you have a favorite drunkard?

Some amazing man or woman, past or present, who stands colossus-like atop the Big Keg, the ground below littered with crushed empties and the blacked-out carcasses of lesser beings? A verging demigod, whose prowess with a bottle leaves you shaking your head in pop-eyed adoration? Lots of us do.

In addition to their wrist-raising abilities, we deify great drinkers because they indulge their lust for intoxication while simultaneously operating at the peak of their powers in whatever their chosen profession. In other words, great drunks are also great writers, actors, athletes, scientists, statesmen, philosophers, and so on.

I have a favorite drunkard. He was an athlete—a professional wrestler in fact—but he was also a gifted entertainer and a true artist. His parents named him Andre Rene Rousimoff, but we knew him as The Eighth Wonder of the World, Andre the Giant.

http://www.drunkard.com/10_06_andre_giant/

A good ass read about how Andre could drink 100x more than the regular beta-male. A true Alpha God
            Great read, enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
              what about hardcore drugs?

or even weed.
              I googled it and they seem to imply it's the same.

The way a person responds to a drug is affected by many factors, including genetic makeup, age, body size, the use of other drugs and dietary supplements...a large person generally needs more of a drug than a smaller person needs for the same effect.

Comment

Working...
              X