Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you boxed before? How did you do? What was your style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
    Im curious on people's backgrounds here. I boxed off and on for about 15 years and had a handful of amateur fights....and did Terrible. Lol. I was always one of the better natural athletes in the gym with great power and speed at the time, but had zero stamina. Looking back now my training was always arobic instead of anaerobic and I would have little left after a round and a half.

What is your current or present boxing background (be honest). Also what style of boxer are you?
    Well, as an amateur fighter, I had nothing great, nothing special but I was complete, decent speed, decent power (not a ko puncher, but I could hurt cats even in sparring sessions ), good skills, durable.

I think I had the tools to be a pro or a very good AM, but I didn't have the right behaviour mentally, before the fights I was thinking too much about everything (who is watching the fight, who is my opponent, can he punch?) EXCEPT focusing on my fight.
    My trainer always said, you have to focus on your fight, your performance, your game, not the guy you are fighting or the tards and *****es around the ring, he was right, but it's not easy.

So I often underperformed and lost when I shouldn't have, the funny thing is I did better in the hardest fights, and beat some good fighters.

Comment

after i graduated college i boxed for 6 months and had 1 exhibition match in front of a crowd. i naturally fought like mike tyson with the peekaboo guard but minus the speed and power. i wish i could have done it longer to try out a different style but i found a job don't have time for it anymore. i would love to go back to it though. i miss punching the bags.

Comment

I boxed for 2 years before my accident and son was born I had good speed I had some pop enough to keep a guy honest but by no means a big puncher I was so athletic tho I just did a lot of thing wrong and made up for em with speed trying to be Roy jones lol it was my childhood fantasy lol but I had pretty go technique to just wish I would have stuck with it better and stayed training hard but I somewhat lost my devotion and winded up not caring but I still watch every fight I can and try to learn as much history as possible lol

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          Well, as an amateur fighter, I had nothing great, nothing special but I was complete, decent speed, decent power (not a ko puncher, but I could hurt cats even in sparring sessions ), good skills, durable.

I think I had the tools to be a pro or a very good AM, but I didn't have the right behaviour mentally, before the fights I was thinking too much about everything (who is watching the fight, who is my opponent, can he punch?) EXCEPT focusing on my fight.
          My trainer always said, you have to focus on your fight, your performance, your game, not the guy you are fighting or the tards and *****es around the ring, he was right, but it's not easy.

So I often underperformed and lost when I shouldn't have, the funny thing is I did better in the hardest fights, and beat some good fighters.
          It's funny that you say that. Lol. I was the same way. I use to stress for like a week before a fight. Couldn't think about anything but the crowd, losing, how I would look in the ring, all sorts of dumbs@*!# by the time the fight rolled around and I was getting in the ring, I think I had already worn myself out. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
            That's a damn good record. Really sucks you got injured. Was your goal to turn pro at the time?
            Yes that was my plan but when have a TBI which I'm medicaly retired by the Military it's impossibile to fight again

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
              Rockin' (aka PessimisticPug aka Pitbullpower) was a boxer. He finished with a 4-3 record.

I can't knock him. He had a go at least. However, he's fodder for others on this site.
              i never posted as pitbullpower.

Comment

I dont box but i've kickboxed and done some mma sparring , i mostly just train and compete in bjj now ..Anyway , i sparred a few times it's really fun. I had a good jab and head movement. One thing for sure , body shots are no fun lol. Any man that steps in the ring ( or the cage ) deserves all the respect in the world.

Comment

Working...
                X