No announcement yet.

Let's be 100% honest: Lomachenko will get ZERO credit for beating Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
    Making excuses already for when the Judges robbed Rigodeaux. Because Lomachenko isn't going to want to fight once he feels Rigo power.
    Waited for that too. Loma cool and always clowning on his competition. But once his punch output shrinks drastically, I'm going to laugh. 5'4 Rigo

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      gamboa has gone on to get his ass kicked by tomato cans . if you think he's just as good as rigondeaux, a guy who schooled nonito donaire, a hall of famer, that is on you!

he was having promotional difficulties and hardly fighting once a year at the time. now that crawford is no longer killing himself to make weight he is a big, strong jr WW and will be a welterweight soon enough. he towered over gamboa and had about half a foot of reach advantage. crawford fought in the olympic trials damn near the weight of that fight, whereas gamboa won his gold medal at the olympics as a flyweight! a flyweight!

you don't even need to read [you probably won't] what i just wrong and can use your own eyes to know rigondeaux and lomachenko are closer in size than crawford and gamboa.

crawford is going to finish his career as a welterweight, and he will not be small when he gets there! gamboa has since gone back down in weight, and was only at that weight for the big money potential. he's not fought at the full limit of 135 since then, and crawford is destroying 140 lbers with his punching power and even the lenght of his arms, and eyeing top flight welterweights when the money is good.

rigondeaux is actually listed as having a longer reach than gamboa, and they are basically the same height.

so yeah, get toasted on bscene. lol at comparing rigondeaux to part time gamboa.
      I'm certainly not going to say that Gamboa is better than Rigo, who happens to be my favorite current fighter by the way. You're just underrating Gamboa to feed your agenda. Sure, he's getting beaten up now but it's obviously due to his whooping from Bud and huge promotional issues, you're blind if you can't see this. But most importantly here, uou can't refute the fact that Gamboa and Crawford were competing in the same division while Rigo and Loma are currently separated by two divisions. Those are facts, not useless speculation.

Well Tommy Hearns towered over SRL...so what, get a better argument NE. And Crawford has gone up to 140, ONE whole division above where he and Gamboa fought at. Talk about being a huge giant there bud. Again, Rigo, who is already tiny for 122, is moving up to 130 to face a guy who will probably end up at 140. If you can't see how this is worse with the facts that i'm presenting then I have nothing else for a self absorbed poster who likes to sniff his own farts.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
        Rigondeaux has 1 fight at 126, his 4th career fight

Besides that one fight all of his fights have been at 122.

This is his first fight at 130 and it's against Lomachenko.

Loma will recieve 0 credit for this win.

I blame Santa Cruz and Frampton for this situation. Rigo is so desperate for a big fight he's going up two weight classes to get it.

I'll be rooting for him but it doesn't look good.
        Let's be 100% honest: message board credit doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          I'm certainly not going to say that Gamboa is better than Rigo, who happens to be my favorite current fighter by the way. You're just underrating Gamboa to feed your agenda. Sure, he's getting beaten up now but it's obviously due to his whooping from Bud and huge promotional issues, you're blind if you can't see this. But most importantly here, uou can't refute the fact that Gamboa and Crawford were competing in the same division while Rigo and Loma are currently separated by two divisions. Those are facts, not useless speculation.

Well Tommy Hearns towered over SRL...so what, get a better argument NE. And Crawford has gone up to 140, ONE whole division above where he and Gamboa fought at. Talk about being a huge giant there bud. Again, Rigo, who is already tiny for 122, is moving up to 130 to face a guy who will probably end up at 140. If you can't see how this is worse with the facts that i'm presenting then I have nothing else for a self absorbed poster who likes to sniff his own farts.

gamboa is weighing in 7 lbs below crawford currently. three fights prior to crawford he was 127 lbs, and 130 lbs the fight after that coming off of what was the longest layoff of his career at the time IIRC.

fighting at LW does not make you a LW sized guy inherently, he was there for the money and you know it, and it's made evident by the fact that he's since gone back down on the scale in spite of being a poorly disciplined, part time fighter.

i have no agenda. you probably think i'm a racist

i deal in the realities of this world, where my boxing knowledge exceeds that of virtually anybody who has posted here extensively, and where yuriorkis gamboa is nowhere near the fighter of guillermo rigondeaux, a genuine savant and a true talent mentally and physically, and not all that much bigger than he is, either. and certainly not big enough that his discrepancy in size compared to crawford, who dwarfed him, can he compared to lomachenko and rigondeaux, who were only 1 weight class apart last year and who are nearly identical in height and reach.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post
            its not the same amount at all..you have to take into consideration how much more of a percentage of body weight 8 pounds is to a 122 pound man vs 160 pound man..thats why the smaller weight classes are more closer together 118-122-126-130 compared to 160-168-175-200
            Exactly and add the fact that Rigo is already a small 122 to begin with. This will be a great win for Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              gamboa is weighing in 7 lbs below crawford currently. three fights prior to crawford he was 127 lbs, and 130 lbs the fight after that coming off of what was the longest layoff of his career at the time IIRC.

fighting at LW does not make you a LW sized guy inherently, he was there for the money and you know it, and it's made evident by the fact that he's since gone back down on the scale in spite of being a poorly disciplined, part time fighter.

i have no agenda. you probably think i'm a racist

i deal in the realities of this world, where my boxing knowledge exceeds that of virtually anybody who has posted here extensively, and where yuriorkis gamboa is nowhere near the fighter of guillermo rigondeaux, a genuine savant and a true talent mentally and physically, and not all that much bigger than he is, either. and certainly not big enough that his discrepancy in size compared to crawford, who dwarfed him, can he compared to lomachenko and rigondeaux, who were only 1 weight class apart last year and who are nearly identical in height and reach.
              See, i'm not disagreeing with most of what you have to say, I think you're just being dishonest about it. Both fights have an unfair advantage for one of the fighters, those are facts that you refuse to acknowledge. You can't sell people Loma-Rigo as a fair fight while bashing Crawford-Gamboa no matter what type of mental gymnastics you try to push. There is a reason Crawford gets little credit for the Gamboa fight, and the same will be for Loma IF he even beats Rigo.

The fact is that Rigo is smaller, older, and inactive compared to Lomachenko. The Donaire fight was 5 freakin' years ago, and he's done jack shh since that fight on the elite level (not his fault at all). He's tiny at 122 and now he's moving up to 130 to fight the bigger, younger, more active and equally talented guy. Nobody sane would say that this is a fair fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                I think Rigo being #4 is silly, he should have slipped in ranking these last few years given his lack of activity and and lack of quality opposition since donaire. But he's got p4p qualities about him for sure.
                IMO Rigo is still a top 10 talent in the world. Maybe he shouldn't be top 5 because he simply hasn't been doing enough over the past few years, while others have constantly been fighting.
                I may be biased because he is one of my favorite fighters ever, but I legit think he can defeat most, if not all, the top guys at 126 even now. There is only way to prove me right or wrong. 126 is a top 3-5 division in boxing. If he could clean that division up that would send a statement. That's if they fought him.
                Unfortunately, I don't think any of the guys at 126 would fight him even after he loses to Loma.

If someone were to tell me that LSC has agreed to fight Rigo early next year after Rigo loses to Loma, I would with no hesitation chose Rigo in that fight. Again only one way to find out.
                I hope Rigo can have one more opportunity to prove himself after this Loma fight.

More undeserving fighters have been ranked in the top 10 p4p historically. P4P rankings is just pure speculation, subjective, and filled with politics.
                It's a fun and entertaining concept but it's not fact.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                  IMO Rigo is still a top 10 talent in the world. Maybe he shouldn't be top 5 because he simply hasn't been doing enough over the past few years, while others have constantly been fighting.
                  I may be biased because he is one of my favorite fighters ever, but I legit think he can defeat most, if not all, the top guys at 126 even now. There is only way to prove me right or wrong. 126 is a top 3-5 division in boxing. If he could clean that division up that would send a statement. That's if they fought him.
                  Unfortunately, I don't think any of the guys at 126 would fight him even after he loses to Loma.

If someone were to tell me that LSC has agreed to fight Rigo early next year after Rigo loses to Loma, I would with no hesitation chose Rigo in that fight. Again only one way to find out.
                  I hope Rigo can have one more opportunity to prove himself after this Loma fight.

More undeserving fighters have been ranked in the top 10 p4p historically. P4P rankings is just pure speculation, subjective, and filled with politics.
                  It's a fun and entertaining concept but it's not fact.
                  I guess for me it depends how Rigo looks against Loma. Not too many guys are legit factors at this age.

Comment

He's 9-1 and already considered one of the three best fighters in the world so I have to disagree with TS. He'll get his credit but as always, it really depends on how the fight plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      Difference between 122 and 130 = 8 NOT 10+. 10+ suggests 10lbs.

Loma was at 126 a year ago when Rigo was at 122. He is a small-ish fighter at the weight. Loma is naturally 1 weight class bigger.

But back to the original point 130-122 = 8 not 10 or more.
                      Lomachenko enters the ring around 139, Rigo around 128 (he's never even weighed 130 before. 10+lbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X