No announcement yet.

Who else can GGG fight for 10 million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !!WAR CANELO!! View Post
    this chess not checkers. Now canelo has him where he wants.
    More like got himself into a Public Relations nightmare. When your staunchest supporters start calling you a puzzy you really have a problem on your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      40% dude I like Jacobs too but c'mon..with all due respect Danny's gates and viewership are nothing to write home about. I'm not saying give him 25% but 40% for what?
      When it comes to Canelo...

GGG is in the same position Jacobs is in.

GGG don't need Jacobs
      Canelo don't need GGG

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
        Nothing silly about it at all...simple question where does GGG go ??? fight Saunders and end his career fighting mandatories?
        Ggg can wait. September 2017. Canelo will have to fight him at 160. He's left himself no where to run. Remember (we don't **** around). His fan base iis already tiring of excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by All in View Post
          Ggg can wait. September 2017. Canelo will have to fight him at 160. He's left himself no where to run. Remember (we don't **** around). His fan base iis already tiring of excuses.
          GGG is too old to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            When it comes to Canelo...

GGG is in the same position Jacobs is in.

GGG don't need Jacobs
            Canelo don't need GGG
            That is the big misconception here and it's not the same. Golovkin can make 2 to 3 times what he's going to make fighting Jacobs by simply paying Saunders a little more. Name one fighter at 154, 160, or 168 that gets Canelo 20 million plus besides Cotto. Same for Golovkin nobody puts him in that realm besides Canelo so yeah they need each other. Jacobs is a wild card mandatory in the way of being in position to become lineal and nothing more. Does Jacobs have a chance to fk that up? Definitely he does but that's boxing, every fighter is one punch away from it all being over.
            Last edited by turnedup; 10-20-2016, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              This is a stupid argument perpetuated by people who want to see Golovkin get screwed, no matter how.

1 - this fight is possible for a year from now. This joke of an offer was made by Oscar as a publicity stunt "well, we tried to fight him but he rejected us". The real negotiations wont happen for several more months. Everything you hear until ~March or April will be fluff.
              2 - virtually nobody in the history of big PPVs has ever taken a flat fee offer. When Floyd bent for Oscar, he still made $25M to Oscar's $42 (or 43 forget). And make no mistake about it - this will be the best selling fight of the year.
              3 - There's a widespread falsehood that "Canelo doesn't need Golovkin". He very, very much does. His reputation has taken a huge hit recently. He's been criticized to high heaven for the last 6 months, and his PPV viewership has taken significant hits over it. From ~900k PPV with Cotto, to ~450k with Khan, to less than 300k for Smith. 300k ppv buys generate $21M of revenues, which becomes $10.5M after network fees. Add 3-4m for gate, and you basically have ~$13-14m for all purses and expenses.
              Even if HBO agrees to continue putting on these low selling PPVs (which I highly, highly doubt) Canelo's purses will be limited to that ~$8m range.

Canelo needs Golovkin just as much. He needs him to generate huge PPV revenue, and he needs him to restore his reputation. If Golovkin holds a press conference tomorrow and says "I'm tired of waiting for these little girls, I'm retiring", Canelo instantly becomes Riddick Bowe #2. He'll NEVER live that duck down.

Both Golovkin, K2, and virtually every professional fighter and promoter has rightfully said that this offer was not serious. Here's Arum: "A flat fee is bull****." and here's Marquez doesn’t see it as a serious offer from Golden Boy Promotions, as he feels that a serious offer would be for Golovkin to be given a percentage offer of 30-40% of the revenue

EVERYONE knows it's a joke except for the golovkin hate squad. Some moron yesterday said he was happy that by Jacobs postponing the fight, he's happy that golovkin is getting screwed. Some of you guys are pathetic.
              Absolutely brilliant ****ing post. Absolutely spot on. I swear this haters will say anything just to troll. The fight isn't happening until another year from now so none of these "offers" are serious until the fight is the next one up for both men. It'd be absolutely stupid to negotiate now especially since the market could be completely different in a year. Maybe GGG starches out both Jacobs and Saunders, becomes undisputed middleweight champion. Then he will deserve even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                GGG is too old to wait.
                He's 34. Russians are good til 40. Mexican fighters are done by 30

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
                  Absolutely brilliant ****ing post. Absolutely spot on. I swear this haters will say anything just to troll. The fight isn't happening until another year from now so none of these "offers" are serious until the fight is the next one up for both men. It'd be absolutely stupid to negotiate now especially since the market could be completely different in a year. Maybe GGG starches out both Jacobs and Saunders, becomes undisputed middleweight champion. Then he will deserve even more.
                  I'd like to see Golovkin go the distance with at least one, creates a vulnerability argument which would be nonsense but that draws in a fk ton more casuals to buy the ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by All in View Post
                    He's 34. Russians are good til 40. Mexican fighters are done by 30
                    lmao..dude you just reminded me of the guy from the movie 2012. "Good, that is good."

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      I'd like to see Golovkin go the distance with at least one, creates a vulnerability argument which would be nonsense but that draws in a fk ton more casuals to buy the ppv.
                      Not to mention more fighters would actually grows the balls to fight him. I wouldn't mind if he beat Saunders face in for 12 rounds. Just did what Manny did to Margarito and just prolong the beating.

I really can't wait for GGG and Jacobs though. No way it goes the distance. Both hit way to hard and aren't afraid to engage. I wouldn't be surprised if GGG got dropped for the first time in his career. It'd definitely be a great test for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X