Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Denis Shafikov Drops, Batters Jamel Herring For TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaf could fight like that for 20 Rounds if he had to, just doesn't stop coming!

I would LOVE to see Dejan Zlaticanin vs Denis Shafikov I telling you right now that would be fight of the year if they make it. A DREAM Stylistic Match Up! They're basically identical!

Comment

• Good showing from Shafikov tonight. Don't know why he was the dog at the book...

Good thing I laid a bet on him. Money in the bank muhfúckazz.

Time for a victory drink. Remy 1738 will do nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Contra View Post
        Good showing from Shafikov tonight. Don't know why he was the dog at the book...

Good thing I laid a bet on him. Money in the bank muhfúckazz.

Time for a victory drink. Remy 1738 will do nicely.

Comment

• Russian rematch with Barthalemy should be next

Comment

• Yea I agree with Teddy, it was too big of a step up for him at this stage of his career. Shaf is ranked top 10 and has held his own against Vasquez and Barthelemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Really sad seeing such a great guy like Herring take a beating like that. But this was a mismatch when they signed the contract and when they had Shaf as the underdog, that was a joke played by someone. Too many people are wined, dined, and seduced by unbeaten records. Hope Herring recovers. He really go a late start to his pro career. Wasn't on the same skill and talent level as Shaf.

Agreed 100%.

I was looking through their opponents on boxrec and watching vids of their fights and thinking "why the fúck is Herring at -210?"

But still, dude's a good guy. Hopefully he learns something from this fight, goes back to the gym and develops a bit more, and we see him again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by UTEP View Post
                Teddy was practically begging Herring's corner two switch to plan B but from the looks of that I guess they never had one.
                Lol, he totally did. Talk about "suggestive selling". "So coach, here's where you say 'this isn't working' and you have to go to plan-b', RIGHT?...."

I LOVED the piranha analogy, "He's takes a piece, and he Takes A Piece, and HE TAKES A PIECE."
                His freestyle commentary is better than the scripted crap from all 3 HBO knuckleheads put together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  What is Shafikov's ethnicity? They keep calling him Russian but he looks Asian.
                  Probably from the Bering Strait area.
                  Last edited by richardt; 07-02-2016, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• What a beat down

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      He didn't overtrain and he wasn't overmatched. He just got flat out beaten. Bullied. Broken.

You don't win fights on paper, you win them in the ring.
                      Usually but Herring jumped from fighting below average fighters to fighting a legit top 10 lightweight who's only losses were to arguably the two best lightweights at the respective times.

You don't win fights on paper but if you don't have special qualities as a fighter you better have some valuable experience or you'll end looking for answers to questions you never been asked mid-fight.

I'm not mad though, I saw this coming and took the odds. Won me a bit of cash in the process.

Comment

Working...
                      X