Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Alvarez vs Lopez, boxing back on CBS.... humm (link)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    "That's right folks! Prepare for the return of boxing to network TV as a junior middleweight defends his title against a junior welterweight!"

At least we know Lopez will be an exciting opponent.

an exciting opponent who will lose magnificently. he's every bit a no hoper.

CBS is free TV. you can watch that stuff with basic cable.

he's going to whoop the dogsh#t out of him and it will entertain the casual fans and serve as an introduction. some of the casual fans will literally watch the fights to see somebody get beat up and for no other reason. gross, but that's the truth. "i just want to see somebody get knocked out," is i believe the moniker.

the real issue is obviously the size. his punches wont do a damn thing to canelo, and he wont be able to take canelo's gas. he'll go out there and fight his ass off and fail miserably.

it will take a while, too. canelo is not a seek and destroy guy. he takes his time to see what his opponents punches look like before he opens up

six to nine round knockout. huge beatdown. at least jose is gonna get paid.

i've always like lopez. he's representative of all the things you want to see in the constitution of a fighter. he's worked hard for a long time for short cash.
    Last edited by New England; 07-10-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      an exciting opponent who will lose magnificently. he's every bit a no hoper.

CBS is free TV. you can watch that stuff with basic cable.

he's going to whoop the dogsh#t out of him and it will entertain the casual fans and serve as an introduction. some of the casual fans will literally watch the fights to see somebody get beat up and for no other reason. gross, but that's the truth. "i just want to see somebody get knocked out," is i believe the moniker.

the real issue is obviously the size. his punches wont do a damn thing to canelo, and he wont be able to take canelo's gas. he'll go out there and fight his ass off and fail miserably.

it will take a while, too. canelo is not a seek and destroy guy. he takes his time to see what his opponents punches look like before he opens up

six to nine round knockout. huge beatdown. at least jose is gonna get paid.
      Let's bet! Canelo vio KO inside 6 to your KO 6 to 9?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Let's bet! Canelo vio KO inside 6 to your KO 6 to 9?
        how about i bet 3 billion to your two that the fight gets to the sixth round?

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
          Thats interesting, what do you guys think ?

http://www.examiner.com/article/saul...id=db_articles
          This is awesome news for the sport of boxing!

Though I don't like the fact that Canello is fighting a small guy, but the fight being on CBS is a pure win for boxing.

Comment

@danrafaelespn Been told that although there was serious discussion of Canelo-Lopez on CBS ultimately it'll wind up on @SHOsports."

**** Dan Rafael for reporting this in the first place

Comment

Reel in the casuals by having a guy get brutally beat down and probably spectacularly KO'd, not a bad business plan.

Too bad the real boxing fans know this fight is dog crap. Oh well, I will tune in anyway, can't beat free entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                @danrafaelespn Been told that although there was serious discussion of Canelo-Lopez on CBS ultimately it'll wind up on @SHOsports."

**** Dan Rafael for reporting this in the first place
                Whomp Whomp Whooooommppp

Comment

Fat Dan on twitter.

Been told that although there was serious discussion of Canelo-Lopez on CBS ultimately it'll wind up on @SHOsports. My story is updated.

Comment

Working...
                  X