No announcement yet.

I still get sad thinking about Sutherland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still get sad thinking about Sutherland

Thinking about what Darren Sutherland could have been, his death shocked me more than any in boxing, it was the most unusual, unexpected and one that hurt me the most, I'm a massive Gatti fan and his death got me but this one REALLY got me, Gatti already left a legend behind and accomplished so much in his career and life whilst Sutherland was just getting started, most people were more excited about this guys pro career more than any other Olympian, I think Darren would have beaten Degale and Groves in the pros ..

Originally posted by RonRoss View Post
    Thinking about what Darren Sutherland could have been, his death shocked me more than any in boxing, it was the most unusual, unexpected and one that hurt me the most, I'm a massive Gatti fan and his death got me but this one REALLY got me, Gatti already left a legend behind and accomplished so much in his career and life whilst Sutherland was just getting started, most people were more excited about this guys pro career more than any other Olympian, I think Darren would have beaten Degale and Groves in the pros ..
    Good post dude. It was a shock to me as well. Like you I was watching all the Olympians with great interest and when heard the news about Sutherland I couldn't get my head round it.....still can't really but mental health issues are something I think you can only understand if you've been there....

Comment

Iv been in a bad place before and I had NOTHING, he potentially had everything, its sad to know that he obviously didn't see it that way, the negatives of his mental health outweighed the positives of how his life was about to fold out, its so sad.

Comment

Working...
      X