No announcement yet.

The Sweet Science as they say

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    The purpose is to win the fight. Boxing is a sport.
    You sure? In the past you have always been quick to tell anyone that boxing is a business.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
      You sure? In the past you have always been quick to tell anyone that boxing is a business.
      Sport is business. From the NFL to Boxing to Tennis, they're all out to make money.

Comment

AJ stands toe to toe, loses and everyone screams exposed. AJ boxes to a points win and everyone screams *****, you couldn't make it up. All you savages would have taken Ruiz out in 1 round tho yea lol.

Comment

Sport is business. From the NFL to Boxing to Tennis, they're all out to make money.
          So you were wrong in telling the other guy that boxing is a sport.

Comment

The purpose is to win the fight. Boxing is a sport.
            Most fans at least in the U.S watch sports to be entertained not just to see someone or a team win. Maybe the brits are enthralled by boredom but not us Americans. Why would I spend my leisure time settling on being bored to tears? Yes boxing is a sport but sports are part of the entertainment business and yesterday's fight sucked. Glad that I watched it on replay and spent my night at the fights in Brooklyn where there were some decent fights except for the Eubank/Korobov fight. Very dissapointed with the injury but according to clown man Barrett the purpose is to win so I guess that was a great fight as well!

Comment

Originally posted by ussy View Post
              There’s nothing hard about running around the ring for 12 rounds. “Experts” like to make you feel like you know nothing about the sport so to them it’s a “clinic”.... I can see with my two eyes and I can see when another man is running because he’s petrified to fight.
              Why dont you try it at championship level for 12 rnds, only people that have never boxed speak like you do..

Boxing is a sport with rules and referees to enforce them and everything is designed to try and not cause permanent injury, its not clubs knives or guns its a civilised sporting contest, if a highly skilled fighter can out land his opponent he will win more than he will lose, the way he does that is vast and varied , enjoy the sport of boxing or watch something else.

Skill will beat brawn 99% of the time.

Comment

There was much more to Joshua's performance than jabbing and hugging, but I wouldn't expect you to see it.

The problem is stupid fans, not efficient boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                  Most fans at least in the U.S watch sports to be entertained not just to see someone or a team win. Maybe the brits are enthralled by boredom but not us Americans.
                  As obnoxious as they can be, British fans are much more savvy about boxing in general, which allows them to appreciate the nuances of the sport. They're also much less likely to boo during the feeling out rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    There was much more to Joshua's performance than jabbing and hugging, but I wouldn't expect you to see it.

The problem is stupid fans, not efficient boxers.
                    When even the guy with a Ruiz avatar and a host of red K gets it you know you're dense AF. Not that I have anything agaisnt you. Just making a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
                      So you were wrong in telling the other guy that boxing is a sport.
                      How so? Boxing is a sport, pro sports is a business. What about that don't you understand?

Comment

Working...
                      X