No announcement yet.

Dmitry Pirog is a much better boxer than GolovkinJA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Come on man, Pirog was in his prime and Danny was a 23 year old baby when they fought. He wasn't nearly the same fighter he is at 30 today.
    Estrada was 21 years old when he faced Gonzalez and was drained 4 pounds...and nobody says nothing about that.

Stop whit the pretexts, that fight what the most important fight for Jacobs and that moment but was K.Oed beautifully

Comment

Gennady beat a better version of Jacobs for sure.
      I'm big on Pirog but OP doesn't know wtf he is typing up to begin with.
      Jacobs was winning the Pirog fight before getting caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Wasn't Jacobs boxing pirogs ears offf before he got caught? Whereas GGG was beating fanny and then going back and forth?
        It was even. I had the fight 2-2 and Pirog looked like he was winning the 5th before the KO.

Comment

I talked a lot of **** about Jacobs... But he's improved. And with added muscle I really don't think he's getting knocked out any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            Jacobs was legit confused when he was fighting him. That shifting was driving him insane. The shift just before the knockout was beautiful.

Golovkin relies way too much on his natural attributes, which are his great chin and power. He also has very subtle feints, and solid fundamentals, but he just isn't as skilled as Pirog was. Hence why Pirog was able to knock Jacobs cold with much less power.
            I can't say pirog is better but I do prefer his style over GGG. He was more fluid and seemed to have more wrinkles in his game. Sucks that fight never came off.

Oh, Jacobs not only improved since then, he's matured physically​ and mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
              Gennady beat a better version of Jacobs for sure.
              I'm big on Pirog but OP doesn't know wtf he is typing up to begin with.
              Jacobs was winning the Pirog fight before getting caught.
              Pirog was near to K.O Jacobs in the second round of the fight.

Comment

Jacobs was only 23 and hadn't fought anyone worth a damn. While I was on the Jacobs is chinny train, and GGG was gonna KO him in 5-8 rounds train, I was wrong and Jacobs has improved. But in hindsight, I couldn't know that because he had only beaten Quillin, who he himself hadn't done anything spectacular.

Comment

Pirog's head movement and foot work was amazing. Very elusive and tricky dude to fight. I still have GGG winning against Pirog though

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Pirog was near to K.O Jacobs in the second round of the fight.
                    No he was not. He came close to dropping him and had good follow up but near to KO is a bit of a stretch.

Comment

I enjoyed Pirog's style as much as anyone else. The combination of power and aggression and lomachenko-ish angles was exciting.

With that said we didn't see much of him. Golovkin knocked down and with better presence of mind probably could have knocked out Jacobs + narrowly outboxed him.

Pirog went back and forth in exchanges with a younger jacobs before bombing him.

Not a huge difference there considering jacob's improvement. They both won, both put him down.

Comment

Working...
                      X