No announcement yet.

The Brock Lesnar effect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brock Lesnar effect

Still amazes me how delusional MOST fight fans and ANALYTS are....all three UFC pre fight commenters ..Bispin/Stann/ cruz...ALL picked Hunt to win as did Sonnen and BRETT HART and family not that he knows anything of UFC... Just goes to show ANYONE can not know what they are talking about,and its not just the pick of Hunt but why they thought he would win. Im not going much into this b/c its a waste of time,i know...........Lesnar is EASILY the number TWO guy to take out Cain who was the best fighter at HW ever in MMA when ON....sorry but either winner of Overeem/Miocic simply wont beat with THIS Lesnar we saw out of FIVE years of inactivivity and HEALTHY tonight and ate two huge shots without budging fron hunt....Just think IF he comes back after getting the ring rust off him ,and the bell SAVED Hunt in rnd one...i'll leave it at that!
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-10-2016, 01:31 AM.

Cain still whoops his white boy ass but I'm glad he's back in the mix and got a good win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Cain still whoops his white boy ass but I'm glad he's back in the mix and got a good win tonight.
      Cain was lucky that Brock gassed last time..he was taken down twice and Lesnar was breathing heavily in just 2 minutes in rnd one. Since then he has polished up his jui jitsu and that will help him with holding ppl down as well.

Cain is the best HW MMA fighter ever and those who have beat him caught him at a good time...... as stated Brock is the most dangerous guy one could fight when healthy,it would be an interesting rematch.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-10-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Cain was lucky that Brock gassed last time..he was taken down twice and Lesnar was breathing heavily in just 2 minutes in rnd one. Since then he has polished up his jui jitsu and that will help him with holding ppl down as well.

Cain is the best HW MMA fighter ever and those who have beat him caught him at a good time...... as stated Brock is the most dangerous guy one could fight when healthy,it would be an interesting rematch.
        He was breathing heavily because he went for broke in that fight, and didn't have a plan B if Cain could weather the storm, and pop right back up from his TD.

The problem is, Cain will pop right back up again, because that's how he's trained, and that's how he deals with getting taken down. His mentality is, turn your hips, and get your back off the mat ASAP. Brock wouldn't have the time to establish positioning with his BJJ.

Same with DC. Look at how he reacts when getting taken down by Jon Jones, or even Gus. They're wrestling is too good, and their hip action is that of an elite wrestler. Same with Aldo. You aren't keeping guys like that down, no matter how tired they are, because of their muscle memory, and the fact that they've drilled and mastered it for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
          He was breathing heavily because he went for broke in that fight, and didn't have a plan B if Cain could weather the storm, and pop right back up from his TD.

The problem is, Cain will pop right back up again, because that's how he's trained, and that's how he deals with getting taken down. His mentality is, turn your hips, and get your back off the mat ASAP. Brock wouldn't have the time to establish positioning with his BJJ.

Same with DC. Look at how he reacts when getting taken down by Jon Jones, or even Gus. They're wrestling is too good, and their hip action is that of an elite wrestler. Same with Aldo. You aren't keeping guys like that down, no matter how tired they are, because of their muscle memory, and the fact that they've drilled and mastered it for decades.
          Lesnar was coming off surgery,he obviously was not the same guy as last night. Brock would have plan D next time. total different state of mind and has been working jui jitsu since. We don't know what will happen until they fight which they will if Lesnar persues a belt,believe me when I tell you this No one is beating him other than Cain. you are also comparing JJ to a physical monster like lesnar who has equal grappling to Cain where Cormier has the much superior wrestling to JJ.....Lesnars strength is the difference here so its moot points comparing anyone to him. If Cain should win its because hes able to chip shot Brock on the feet.
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-10-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Still amazes me how delusional MOST fight fans and ANALYTS are....all three UFC pre fight commenters ..Bispin/Stann/ cruz...ALL picked Hunt to win as did Sonnen and BRETT HART and family not that he knows anything of UFC... Just goes to show ANYONE can not know what they are talking about,and its not just the pick of Hunt but why they thought he would win. Im not going much into this b/c its a waste of time,i know...........Lesnar is EASILY the number TWO guy to take out Cain who was the best fighter at HW ever in MMA when ON....sorry but either winner of Overeem/Miocic simply wont beat with THIS Lesnar we saw out of FIVE years of inactivivity and HEALTHY tonight and ate two huge shots without budging fron hunt....Just think IF he comes back after getting the ring rust off him ,and the bell SAVED Hunt in rnd one...i'll leave it at that!
            I was one of those guys who picked Lesnar too, but I don't really think Brock has much of a chance against Stipe. He gets another beating from CautiousReeem.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
              I was one of those guys who picked Lesnar too, but I don't really think Brock has much of a chance against Stipe. He gets another beating from CautiousReeem.
              Stipe is not as dangerous as PRIME Carwin before he fought JDS the one who was knocking everyone out in rnd one before injury derailed his career.....An improved Lesnar is a dangerous Lesnar no matter how you look at it .
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-10-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Rayciss

Comment

Lesnar is a beast.

He's still very limited when standing, but his wrestling and ground game mixed with his size, insane power, explosiveness and speed are very hard to deal with.

I think Overeem is the worst style match for him (when he fights smart, nobody is beating Overeem), but everyone else? Lesnar can beat them all if he gets it right.

The man is simply a freak and a box office star, he's a cash cow for any company out there. People who don't even like MMA watch him, he's just different, humans don't look like him.

Comment

Stipe is not as dangerous as PRIME Carwin before he fought JDS the one who was knocking everyone out in rnd one before injury derailed his career.....An improved Lesnar is a dangerous Lesnar no matter how you look at it .
                    See I don't see it that way, Stipe>Carwin, sure he had more power but he was old when he debuted even, had like NO cardio and had injuries before coming in to UFC which only got worse. Carwin gassed and folded against Brock.

Comment

Working...
                    X