No announcement yet.

Negative Rights Vs Positive Rights [Educational thread for Bernie supporters]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    Well I was talking about property taxes.

If you don't own property and live in japan, than revoke your citizenship and your good to go.
    I do own property and pay my taxes. Our founding fathers would be shocked that my labor is taxable. My labor is mine. I won't renounce my citizenship, too many generations, my family has fought in too many wars! I am no new comer to these United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      I do own property and pay my taxes. Our founding fathers would be shocked that my labor is taxable. My labor is mine. I won't renounce my citizenship, too many generations, my family has fought in too many wars! I am no new comer to these United States.
      You pay taxes in basically every industrialized nation, and eminent domain exist pretty much everywhere in the world.

So I really don't know what your complaining about.

Comment

Eat the rich

Comment

You pay taxes in basically every industrialized nation, and eminent domain exist pretty much everywhere in the world.

So I really don't know what your complaining about.
          If I was a Japanese national working in the U.S., I only have to pay US taxes, not Japanese taxes too. That is what I am complaining about. Exactly what I am complaining about!!!

Btw, ever live or worked abroad??

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            If I was a Japanese national working in the U.S., I only have to pay US taxes, not Japanese taxes too. That is what I am complaining about. Exactly what I am complaining about!!!

Btw, ever live or worked abroad??
            No never lived or worked abroad.

But you own a house in the U.S. It receives the same benefits and protections from the the government as all the other houses in that neighborhood. So you have to pay.

If your talking paying income tax in both countries, that I know nothing about.

Comment

No never lived or worked abroad.

But you own a house in the U.S. It receives the same benefits and protections from the the government as all the other houses in that neighborhood. So you have to pay.

If your talking paying income tax in both countries, that I know nothing about.
              I pay both property tax and income tax. A Japanese guy or Chinese guy owning property in the U.S. Pays property tax only. The houses they own receive the same protections fire, etc. and they only pay property tax. Not income tax on their labor. Get my point??

A foreigner investing in the U.S. Is treated better than I am.

Comment

When 1% of the population controls 90% of the money, taxing the hell out of the 99% doesn't do much good well now does it? Stop killing the middle class, stop killing America.

Comment

Why aren't wages higher?
                  The cost of living has risen too much to keep the ratio balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by No Diggity View Post
                    Why aren't wages higher?
                    The cost of living has risen too much to keep the ratio balanced.

The cost of living as in Inflation? As in expansion of the money supply to have a 0% interest rate...which Bernie Sanders is in favor of.

Why aren't you addressing what is costing the increase in the cost of living how to decrease it, instead of being a reactionary and forcing companies to artificially raise everybody's wages...which further erodes the market.

Not really...

He forgot to tell you the flip side to that ridiculous statement.

When your house burns, firemen come to to put the fire out and save your dumb fcking dog.

When someone tries to rob you the cops come.

When you walk outside you have roads and sidewalks that are paved and are drivable, so you can safely get to your job.

When you drink your water (aside from flint) you know you won't get sick.

When you put your trash out, Larry X will come pick it up. (jk, he prefers welfare)

This stuff costs money. Go anywhere in the country or world, with extremely low or non existent taxes, you don't have any of that.
                    So you're in favor of a Minarchism then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minarchism

We can agree on that...let the govt run the essentials and otherwise hands off the free market.

But lets break this down. First of all...leftists always go to the roads/bridges argument when they get cornered. It's like you copy/pasted Elizabeth Warren's talking point. As if it costs that much money to fund roads and bridges. If that's all we had to worry about...we wouldn't be 19 trillion in debt. We've also got a gasoline tax for roads...unfortunately the govt is so inefficient with our money that they need even more of it by passing additional legislation [i.e. a infrastructure jobs bill], for which the revenue comes from the income tax.

Firemen are not necessary but at worst they are covered on a per state basis...so even though a state like California which has lots of wildfires may need a big Fire Dept, another state like Alaska maybe does not.

Personally I'm a fan of this:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2011...r-75-fee-again

You pay a fee on a voluntary basis and if you don't want the fire dept service in case of a fire...they let your house burn down. Unless it spreads to your neighbors property who probably did pay the fee, in which case the Fire dept was on stand by. There is a good case that the fire dept can be privatized and isn't an essential like Police, prisons and a court/justice system.

Comment

Having the cost of living decreased alone still won't balance the ratio of today. Wages need to be increased, but not to the 15. Have all wages increase by certain increments depending on their brackets such as 1-10, 10-20, 20-30.. Etc etc.

It's all caused by inflation through the govt's whim to borrow.

During the Carter Administration inflation absolutely soared out of control. The Reagan Administration came in and restrained it (at some cost....in that with less money placed into circulation employers have less money to hire...which causes unemployment). We are going through that (the Carter thing) all over again currently...the only difference is this time the government is denying it is happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X