No announcement yet.

What an amazing punch by Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What an amazing punch by Maidana

I just stole this gif from the user ARENA I think.

What an absolute brillant punch. Broner thought it was a body shot.

I can't stop watching it. We need more of these punches. More action. More KD's. Less clinch.

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

I can't stop watching it. We need more of these punches. More action. More KD's. Less clinch.
    Part of what made Maidana so good besides his power was his unorthodox way of throwing punches from an orthodox stance. Even his right hook would come over the top like a sledge hammer behind the jaw. Had maidana been born with longer arms, I think he wouldve gotten the nod over FM Jr. because of the way he throws punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Part of what made Maidana so good besides his power was his unorthodox way of throwing punches from an orthodox stance. Even his right hook would come over the top like a sledge hammer behind the jaw. Had maidana been born with longer arms, I think he wouldve gotten the nod over FM Jr. because of the way he throws punches.
      Don't fuck with the Mongolian Octopus.

Comment

HEY!!!

It is a beautiful shot.
        Jabs to the body all 1st round, then right at start of 2nd turned into a hook.
        He used Broner's instincts against him.
        Last edited by ARENA; 12-15-2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I was expecting the punch he landed on Floyd in the second fight but that's a great punch also.

Maidana is smarter than people think.

Comment

Great punch. I remember during the replay between rounds, Paul Malignaggi explaining about Maidana jabbing to the body and then faking another jab to the body but turning it in to a hook upstairs, which I didn't notice at the time. Credit to Malignaggi there for catching that at the time. Very clever move from Maidana.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

Broner thought wrong, yet again! Even Broner was begging for ref help, while Maidana mauled him. LMAO.

Hey Mr. Maidana, I don't like war, I want a fencing match! Please don't whip me. I am not a Warrior!!! Please pretend my shoulder roll is effective for my fans... But don't hurt me lord Chino!!! Lord Vader Chino! Please pull it out, and finish outside!!! Cuz you can Korn AB, but please finish on my back, not deep inside!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  This is the punch I instantly thought about when I saw the gif from TS. There's a slight difference in both tho.

Comment

El Terrible does the dame thing here. Faking to the body and coming upstairs. It's really a great strategy.

Comment

Working...
                    X