Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i haven seen alot of Matthysse but guy has power when he lands but i think peterson will make his night harder but Matthysse is hungry so i am not too sure.

I think peterson by SD because of his workrate and i think he stays away enough to win but gets dropped a couple times.

Comment

Firstly i want Matthysse to win because of the testosterone incident. Even if it was legit a former Olympian who requests VADA testing must be thick as a rock to not disclose that he was getting Testosterone Pellets.

But to the fight i genuinely think Lucas will have too much for Peterson. For all the pressure he put on Khan he was not really able to wobble him, and the flip side to his game is his boxing ability which Lucas has shown in the past he is able to deal with (imo Devon and Zab).

Matthysse for me just does everything a bit better, and his extra pop should show through for a UD or late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer
        Gotta stick with Peterson on 12 rd decision on this. Though i know Matthysse power could change everything
        Yea... you're definitely not allowed to hang out with me if you make it to the fight!

Matthysse by stoppage or UD dropping Peterson a few times in the process.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Matthysse's inside game hasn't been challenged, I'd lean towards Peterson here but I wouldn't bet on it, Matthysse is still untested in my opinion, not from an opposition stand point but a skill one. Peterson on the other hand has literally seen it all, I know what Lamont is capable of, Lucas not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise
            Firstly i want Matthysse to win because of the testosterone incident. Even if it was legit a former Olympian who requests VADA testing must be thick as a rock to not disclose that he was getting Testosterone Pellets.

But to the fight i genuinely think Lucas will have too much for Peterson. For all the pressure he put on Khan he was not really able to wobble him, and the flip side to his game is his boxing ability which Lucas has shown in the past he is able to deal with (imo Devon and Zab).

Matthysse for me just does everything a bit better, and his extra pop should show through for a UD or late stoppage.
            You forgot to add Ajose to the list of boxers. He can definitely deal with boxers and Peterson is not near the boxer those 3 are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
              Yea... you're definitely not allowed to hang out with me if you make it to the fight!

C'mon I gotta go with the hometown guy(well somewhat hometown)! I like both but when it comes down for it gotta root for the home team

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                Matthysse's inside game hasn't been challenged, I'd lean towards Peterson here but I wouldn't bet on it, Matthysse is still untested in my opinion, not from an opposition stand point but a skill one. Peterson on the other hand has literally seen it all, I know what Lamont is capable of, Lucas not so much.
                Id be interested to see Matthysse against a swarmer type inside fighter, someone who he would struggle to get his power off on, but im not sure thats the kind of inside fighter Peterson is. I think the Khan fight made him look better than he is on the inside because Khan has about as much inside game as i do...

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                  You forgot to add Ajose to the list of boxers. He can definitely deal with boxers and Peterson is not near the boxer those 3 are.

I did consider putting Ajose, but despite his quick hands i was more thinking of slick boxers. Ajose (possibly because of ring rust) had pretty poor footwork and defense when he faced Matts. It could be a testament to Lucas' ability but i thought defensively Ajose looked pretty average in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

C'mon I gotta go with the hometown guy(well somewhat hometown)! I like both but when it comes down for it gotta root for the home team
                    But your hometown guy is a cheat too!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Id be interested to see Matthysse against a swarmer type inside fighter, someone who he would struggle to get his power off on, but im not sure thats the kind of inside fighter Peterson is. I think the Khan fight made him look better than he is on the inside because Khan has about as much inside game as i do...
                      Peterson has displayed very good inside fighting throughout his career, he beat Bradley on the inside, it was Bradley's boxing that ultimately allowed him to dominate. It's hard to make a pick here man, it really is.

Comment

Working...
                      X