Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Geale Could Face Sam Soliman Instead of Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Geale Could Face Sam Soliman Instead of Gennady Golovkin

Daniel Geale's international manager Gary Shaw says the new dual middleweight world boxing champion's career would have been in deep trouble had he lost to Germany's Felix Sturm.

IBF champion Geale added Sturm's WBA Super title to his portfolio with a split points win in Oberhausen, Germany on Saturday.

It ended a six-year, 14-fight unbeaten streak for Sturm and Geale became the first Australian-born fighter to hold two globally recognised titles in the same division.

Had one of the two judges who scored in Geale's favour gone the other way it would have had catastrophic consequences.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lulz if Geale has his Austalian "super fight" he'll have to drop his WBA belt since the WBA said they have to unify by December.
    Last edited by Mikhnienko; 09-03-2012, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Soliman is a ***.

this is a piss take if it happens, Geale will be as much of a joke as Mundine and Green

Comment

Soliman is deserving of a shot after thrashing Lorenzo recently, & has won 2 IBF eliminators now.
        That said, think this will diminish some of Geale's momentum in the big fight stakes, & he might be better to see what else is on the table.

PS. Biased Brit - says it all. Mundine might be deserving of scorn, but you can shove your other opinions up your Biased Brit *ss.

Comment

Originally posted by macman View Post
          Soliman is deserving of a shot after thrashing Lorenzo recently, & has won 2 IBF eliminators now.
          That said, think this will diminish some of Geale's momentum in the big fight stakes, & he might be better to see what else is on the table.

PS. Biased Brit - says it all. Mundine might be deserving of scorn, but you can shove your other opinions up your Biased Brit *ss.
          Are you sad because I offended "Dannyweight" Green who got Brutally KTFO by 50 year old, blown up Tarver and some random Pole coming off suicide watch.

After having paraded his IBO trinket around as though he was a "real" champion, and shamelessly ducked the best the division had to offer?

Face it, Green and Mundine are jokes.

Tzsyu and Katsidis I have a lot of respect for however.

We will see which side of the aussie coin Geale lands on.

People want to see him fight Golovkin

Nobody wants to see him fight Soliman in a wool-shed in Toowombah or wherever.
          Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 09-03-2012, 03:32 AM.

Comment

I can see the titles splitting before Christmas. Geale's in a no win situation here. If he fights the IBF mandatory #1 Soliman, then the WBA strip him & if he fight Golovkin as ordered by the WBA then the IBF strip him. "Boxing Politics Suck"!!...........

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
              I can see the titles splitting before Christmas. Geale's in a no win situation here. If he fights the IBF mandatory #1 Soliman, then the WBA strip him & if he fight Golovkin as ordered by the WBA then the IBF strip him. "Boxing Politics Suck"!!...........
              **** the IBF, go after the bigger scalp.

get in that ****ing ring with Golovkin, boxing is about more than alphabet titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Are you sad because I offended "Dannyweight" Green who got Brutally KTFO by 50 year old, blown up Tarver and some random Pole coming off suicide watch.

After having paraded his IBO trinket around as though he was a "real" champion, and shamelessly ducked the best the division had to offer?

Face it, Green and Mundine are jokes.

Tzsyu and Katsidis I have a lot of respect for however.

Why do you hate australia so much, did some one ass rape you when you came to aus for a holiday? lol

Comment

geale is already a legend, i cant imagine why he'd even tangle with this venerable aussie in soliman. it's far too risky.

sam soliman is just too damn good for any man to face, lest he desires to lose his belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Geale has put it all on the line twice by going to foreign shores and now has two world straps. I think we all know that he is up for the challenge.

Golovkin is a huge gamble for him or for anyone from 154 to 160 atm, plus there is more money to be made if he fights the winner of Martinez and Chavez Jr.

Either way Geale took the risk of going overseas now he is in the driving seat, these German fighters stood on their titles for years and just fought their mandatories.

You can't hate on him if he sits on his titles and takes the most lucrative offer.

Comment

Working...
                    X