Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Foreman, the Man who made the man that is falsely proclaimed as the man in box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman, the Man who made the man that is falsely proclaimed as the man in box

When was Ali's prime? no doubt the fight that made his career was the win over foreman that was in 1974, so you should say 1974 was his prime. His win over Liston is overrated because Liston was all f***ed up when they fought and took a dive in one of the fights. . If Muhammad Ali never beat Foreman he would be regarded so much lower. He lost to Leon Spinks in Spinks's 8th professional fight 5 months after Ali won a UD over Shavers. He lost to Ken Norton in 1971, got his jaw broken in that fight. And Ken Norton was a nobody before he fought Ali, the guy he fought before fighting ALi was 22-8 and so were all the opponents Norton had fought up to that point. His only notable win besides beating ALi was stopping Jerry Quarrey.

Beating Foreman is what made ALI be able to say "I am the greatest" He just had the right game plan and style to beat Foreman.

Foreman made Norton and Frazier and Lyle look like nothing while 2 of those guys beat Ali in his prime. Foreman knocked Norton out in 2. Knocked Frazier down 5 times etc....
    Ali basically got lucky against Foreman, if they ever rematched Foreman would have beaten his ass. Ali's mind games got to him and fighting in Africa was kinda a freak thing that might have screwed Georges psyche up.

Foreman KO'd Ron Lyle in 5 while Ali was loosing his fight against Lyle until Ali got a gift premature stoppage, the ref stopped the fight just because Ali flurried basically it was one of the worst stoppages I have ever seen, if the ref was honest Lyle would have went on to beat Ali. The win over Lyle is one Ali's biggest wins, and he did not deserve to win that fight. And of course look how much Ali struggled with Frazier but Foreman obliterated him.

George Foreman is better than Ali, George Foreman made Ali, George Foreman is the real greatest of the 70's. George Foreman is the man who made the man who you proclaim falsely as being the man in boxing.

I would consider Ali's prime to be 1964-1967 during his first title reign. He was so much faster and so much more athletic during this period.
    His loss to Leon Spinks is just not relevant as he was years passed his best and out of shape. It is worth noting also that Ken Norton beat Jimmy Young in the same year that Young finished Foreman's first career.
    Foreman is an all time great but could never have beaten Ali. In the 60's Ali was too fast and in the 70's too smart. Equally Frazier, Norton, and various other greats including Tyson and Marciano could never have beaten Foreman.

Comment

Worst troll job ever.

Comment

So you are serious and really believe that Foreman beat Ali at his prime? I thought you were kidding around and trying to do a bit of trolling. In reality you are serious and actually think Foreman was a better heavyweight than Ali! Incredible!

Comment

of course foreman was better, if ali dare to open for 1 full round foreman would ko him but he didnt he was too smart for foreman. but i think the 60s ali would dance away and be too fast for foreman.

Comment

Foreman wasn't better than Ali, but he's not far behind.

Comment

Is Ali really "The Greatest"? Im just curious...

No, Ali didn't lose to Foreman at all, he was obliterated, Ali wasn't even tired or hurt! Yes if Ali opened up Foreman would have put him down, seeing as how Foreman is one of the most powerful punchers to ever live, way over Tyson! FRAZIER DOWN!!! FRAZIER DOWN!!! FRAZIER DOWN!!!!

Comment

MCKay, I agree with you that Foreman made his fights with Frasier and Norton look like "no sweat" but this is hardly the case when he fought Lyle. Foreman's bout with Lyle was a slug fest that resembled a Rocky bout and any guy could've won. Foreman if you forgot, was knocked down twice in that bout.

On the otherhand, when Ali fought Lyle at no point in the fight was Ali in danger of losing. As to the stoppage, Lyle would've been eventually stopped via KO or TKO by Ali. There's no doubt about that.

The point is; some fighters match up better than do others. Example; Norton and Frasier gave Ali much trouble while Foreman had no trouble at all. The same can be said about Lyle and Jimmy Young giving Foreman the same trouble.(Ali beat Young,Young beat Foreman)

Comment

Ali will always be considered "the greatest" so if you want to proclaim George Foreman the greatest your gonna have to come up with a stronger Argument than the one you have now!

Comment

"The win over Lyle is one Ali's biggest wins, and he did not deserve to win that fight. "

I still think he's trying to troll us.

Comment

Working...
                    X