Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are my fellow UK peeps getting gassed on Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... I felt Porter's hype back then... as many thought that he was the future of WW... But Brook nullified him quite easily...
    Brook handled Porter a lot easier than Thurman did, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      I like how split people are on this fight. We're all guessing. Anybody really believe that they are secured in a bet here?
      Yeah, it's funny to watch the backers of both Spence and Brook be so absolutely dead sure their man will win. I think Spence will win but it's a close fight between two of the world's best welterweights. As with all fights nobody knows who the winner will be until he wins. We are all just guessing.I didn't bet a dime on it because I am not that sure about Spence winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Yeah, it's funny to watch the backers of both Spence and Brook be so absolutely dead sure their man will win. I think Spence will win but it's a close fight between two of the world's best welterweights. As with all fights nobody knows who the winner will be until he wins. We are all just guessing.I didn't bet a dime on it because I am not that sure about Spence winning the fight.
        You know, there are some fights that you just kind of know the output. Like I knew Thurman would get the victory in a close fight against Garcia, simply a case of who is more marketable. Other times I like AJ vs. WK I was completely sure that AJ would blow WK out of the ring. Honestly I saw AJ as out, for like 3 rounds. WK gained my fandom.

I agree, it's great to listen to people on here, the passion is high and people are really starting to wake up to this awesome fight.

Comment

It's a great fight.

I'd be surprised if Spence blew him out. Then we have Groves gunning for a world title again.

I never get posts like this that basically tell people not to be excited about a big boxing match when by and large our standard boxing fodder of recent years (both sides of the atlantic) is a heavily favoured prospect smashing a goat herder into dust. There is a post like this every big fight. DC posts or dry cunt posts.

Brook very good. Spence is very good. It'll be very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            It's a great fight.

I'd be surprised if Spence blew him out. Then we have Groves gunning for a world title again.

I never get posts like this that basically tell people not to be excited about a big boxing match when by and large our standard boxing fodder of recent years (both sides of the atlantic) is a heavily favoured prospect smashing a goat herder into dust. There is a post like this every big fight. DC posts or dry cunt posts.

Brook very good. Spence is very good. It'll be very good.
            ... but if it gets to a "draw" on the scorecards, you'll see that it will not "very good"...

Comment

Its a great fight 50/50 im a fan of both fighters i hate these moments when two of my favorite fighter have to fight but this is what makes boxing great i just get the feeling this is errol coming out party brook is a wonderful fighter if he wins i wont be surprised awesome fight shout out to the loyal UK fans

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                On average the English fans vastly overrated their boxers when comparing them to good boxers from other countries. It's an English tradition.Pick your fellow Englishman to win against the odds and logic.
                American's do that way more.

Comment

Brook is, IMO, the best fighter Britain has.

I've said the same since I joined this forum, I've always viewed him as that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... but if it gets to a "draw" on the scorecards, you'll see that it will not "very good"...
                    We'd get it again wouldn't we?

Comment

i told you so

Comment

Working...
                      X