Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion: "Money" Manny Pacquiao Obsesses on Mayweather

http://boxingbuzz.sportsblog.com/pos...-paycheck.html

Originally posted by BoxingBuzz
    Is there anything sadder than a once-proud athlete pining away for another shot at undoing a critical defeat? Well, maybe there IS something sadder—a fighter who generated hundreds of millions of dollars over the course of a two-decade career having to lower himself to take a bout purely for the paycheck.

From the way things have worked out, one gets the feeling that the only way Manny ever risks a loss again is if there’s “Mayweather” money involved—and that’s sad for a guy who walked the walk of a real warrior for nearly two decades.

That also brings us back to Mayweather, who beat Pacquiao fair and square back in May of last year despite whines to the contrary (If you get in the ring, you are assumed to be healthy. No excuses, no after-the-fact finger pointing…Period). By all accounts, Team Pacquiao is very eager to get Manny back in the ring with Floyd again and Pacquiao, himself, has seemed to be almost delusional at the idea of revisiting the mega-fight (and most lucrative prizefight of all time).

But if Pacquiao isn’t about challenging himself against the likes of Crawford or Keith Thurman, then why should we assume that the urge to fight Mayweather is about anything other than money?
    Well, it was Manny that wanted to create his own TMT brand of "The Manny Team". Now is an appropriate time...

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    http://boxingbuzz.sportsblog.com/pos...-paycheck.html

Well, it was Manny that wanted to create his own TMT brand of "The Manny Team". Now is an appropriate time...

Comment

Senator Pacquiao probably has no time for himself and his bible studies let alone think about a boring boxer.

I get it, it pains you when people mention your hero. I get it. TBE is the reason for your existence. I get it.

Comment

Working...
      X