30 for 30 on Leonard/Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 for 30 on Leonard/Duran

Wow.

I was born in 1985 so I was never able to see Sugar Ray Leonard fight, or really get to learn anything about him. But, as I piece together his career he is emerging as possibly my favorite boxer of all time.

A man that had all the boxing ability in the world, but had too much pride, too much heart, and too much ego to pity pat his way through his career.

The heart of a lion, a champions-champion, a true champion.

Not to discredit any of the greats from his era but he was truly more talented than the rest. And if someone pulled his card (ie Duran) he stayed in the pocket and fought, it wasn't about the health I the money or being smart.

Sugar Ray Leonard was the f**king man. He went toe-to-toe with Duran in the first fight, and lost rightfully so. But he took him to school in that 2nd fight, and made Duran not even wanna fight anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Sugar Ray Leonard was the f**king man. He went toe-to-toe with Duran in the first fight, and lost rightfully so. But he took him to school in that 2nd fight, and made Duran not even wanna fight anymore.

yeah and then ducked duran for ten years because he knew what would happen to him LOL

lets not forget duran took camacho to a tight 12 rd fight almost another ten years AFTER leonard ducked him for ten years, and a few months after camacho destroyed leonard LOL

longevity, the jump in weights, the dominance at LW, only fab 4 to defeat leonard... sorry, DURAN takes the GOAT

Comment

he's what made me a boxing fan as a child he was something special i actually have the original sports illustrated issue that covered the brawl in montreal

Comment

Working...
        X