No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares-Christian Esquivel in Play For August 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares-Christian Esquivel in Play For August 25

Mexican promoter Gala Boxing has announced that WBC super bantamweight champion Abner Mares (24-0-1, 13KOs) will make the first defense of his title on August 25th in Puebla, Mexico against Christian Esquivel (25-3, 18KOs). Some fans may remember Esquivel from last November's fight with Shinsuke Yamanaka in Tokyo. Esquivel and Yamanaka fought for the vacant WBC title at bantamweight, which the Japanese fighter captured with an eleventh round TKO.
    [Click Here To Read More]

fighting a batan weight ? he said he wanted big names ? he did not mention rigondeaux , when it comes to rigo, evryone talks it doesnt make sense.again ,he catches a 122 title at a catch weight of 120 , still fighting a 118 at 122 ?now comes esquivel , who ?. i said it , what about rigondeaux ? who defeated you in a pan games and is a real champ at 122 ?he and donaire fighting matebulas and esquiveles , are this fighters bussines sense or easier fights than el chacal rigondeaux ?RIGO IS TOO MUCH FOR THEM.

Comment

Hang on... Esquivel wasn't on that long list of fighters Mares keeps mentioning. He's just fought a bantamweight in Montiel. I would have expected something a little more high-profile. At least he's keeping busy, I guess...

Comment

No outcry for this fight???

Comment

no 1 really wants Rigo..even giving up wt he'd outlass JuanMa...love 2 see him vs John but even Millions of $$ won't get him 2 leave Indonesia...

Comment

This fight would be entertaining but Mares should win. Esquivel-Yamanaka was a good scrap. For those asking for Rigo...Rigo is with Top Rank. That's highly unlikely. The best fight he can make at Golden Boy is Anselmo Moreno. That's the fight that SHOULD be made.

Crickets from Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              No outcry for this fight???
              yah surprised not alot of people are mad or very critical at this choice of opponent like they are with someone like donaire...but i guess since donaire is a top p4p fighter the expectations are higher with him. still this is a pretty ****ty fight..

Comment

Working...
              X