No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: United States Sending Strong Force To London Games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Six more American boxers have qualified for the Olympics with winning performances at a qualifying tournament in Brazil, allowing USA Boxing to send an impressive nine fighters to the London Games.

Including three boxers who qualified last year, the U.S. currently has the second-largest men's team headed to London. That's more fighters than any nation except Australia, which will send a boxer in each of the 10 men's weight classes, and more than traditional amateur powers Cuba and Russia.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Hope the testing is stringent.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Reality must really hurt for a twat like yourself. Consider the USA has 4 times the amount of golds in boxing than Russia, and twice as many as those three combined. You do realize the Ukraine has all of 9 medals in their history, right? NINE thats 9, 9 measly medals! You keep telling yourself that and American sports can't compete, yet they always keep finishing with the most medals. Keep that crying, you sissy ass b1tch........"WAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAWAAAAAAAAAAA we have less people, we should get a pass". You pathetic twat. 2,300 medals to 1,100 you dumb ruskie.

And don't get me started on your even more putrid professional boxing history.

The ignorance here is too much to stand.

Comment

Boxing debuted in the Olympics in 1904. In the 1904 Olympics, only American boxers competed (there is where accounts 7 golds, 7 silvers, and 3 bronze, alone). The early Olympics were basically only attended by Americans and Western Europeans. The Soviets did not debut in the Olympics until 1952. So, you should start with 1952 if you want to compare the performances. I think you'll find that the Russians have fared considerably better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          Boxing debuted in the Olympics in 1904. In the 1904 Olympics, only American boxers competed (there is where accounts 7 golds, 7 silvers, and 3 bronze, alone).
          Just goes to show that America has been a pioneer in the sport and has a long history in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Just goes to show that America has been a pioneer in the sport and has a long history in it.
            It shows that the US started the Olympics (the modern Olympics obviously).

The Brits pioneered the sport.

Comment

You need to read up on your history. The US didn't start the modern Olympics.

And the Brits pioneered the sport but they weren't the only ones. A lot of evolution happened in the United States.

That's why so many heavyweight champions were from here.

Comment

This isn't going to show the future of boxing. Olympic boxing is a joke with the way it's scored and ruled. I wish them all luck none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  You need to read up on your history. The US didn't start the modern Olympics.

And the Brits pioneered the sport but they weren't the only ones. A lot of evolution happened in the United States.

That's why so many heavyweight champions were from here.
                  Boxing started in the Olympics in the US in St. Louis in 1904. I was talking about boxing in the Olympics, I said the first Olympics were attended by only Americans and West Europeans, which is true. I couldn't remember where the first Olympics took place, I could've taken 2 seconds and looked it up but didn't care.

I didn't say the Brits were the only ones, I said that they pioneered the sport, and you apparently affirmed it. Its pretty uncontroversial.

Why again do I need to "read up on history" exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    I didn't say the Brits were the only ones, I said that they pioneered the sport...
                    If the Brits weren't the only ones then you shouldn't have a problem with me saying that Americans pioneered the sport too.

Especially since it's true.

The early history of gloved boxing has USA stamped all over it. Like it or not.

Comment

I really hate

to throw in heavyweight elitism

but other then hardcore boxing site forum fans ... the vast majority of people when they hear boxing, they think the Heavyweight Division.

That is and will forever be the flagship

and the truth is

Lennox Lewis on to the Klithcsko brothers

took the flagship division and ran with it.

Neither Lewis nor the Klithcskos got the respect they deserved from the American Public because they are not American yet stole the very heart of boxing.

It is what it is

the only true division that realistically matters in terms of 'who rules boxing'

is the Heavyweight division and the HW Champ

which goes

Lewis --- Wlad

so unless an American become the next dominant champ, it don't really work like that

you can bullshyt all you want about the floyd PPV numbers or Andre Ward being best 168.

The flagship division has not belonged to America ever since that fluke KO by Rahman.

and that lasted 4 months

the last TRUE significant stretch of time Americans even mattered in the boxing world is probably mid to late 90's with Holyfield battling it out for all the titles against Lewis.

Heavyweight will forever historically be the flagship premier division. Where the Heavyweight champ is, boxing's heart is.

Now

that's the 'facts'
                      Last edited by TheHayeMaker; 05-17-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X