No announcement yet.

BSN Syntha-6 Appreciation Thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chav View Post
    Syntha 6 is mighty tasty, but the amount of protein in the tub isn't that good, lots of carbs & sugars make up the weight.

If you want taste, then Syntha 6 is good, also try Gaspari Myofusion, that is amazing tasting and so is Muscle Milk.
    Hydro whey clumps up a bit more and so it isn't always as tasty, but if I'm buying protein i like to be buying mainly protein in the tub, not a tub filled with 3/4 protein and loads of sugars as its an expensive tub of sugar & flavouring otherwise

eg: syntha 6 serving is 44G per scoop. of that 44G, only 22G is protein, meaning 22G of "stuff" per scoop isnt protein..meaning half the tub is protein and the other half is..........?

Well postworkout your body needs more than just protein to best recover. . .

It needs carbohydrates: simple carbs to quickly replenish your muscles (won't store up as fat if you drink within 30-45 minutes after intense workout), AND complex carbs to slowly supply the muscles with nutrition after the workout. . .

That's why this is more of a "post-workout/recovery" shake than a "protein shake"(which you can drink at anytime during the day to supplment your caloric, and protein intake). . .

For a post-workout drink, I'll take 200 calories, 23 grams of protein, 13 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, and 6 grams of fat OVER 120ish calories, 30 grams of protein, but no carbs, or fat.
    Last edited by UglyPug; 03-16-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Upon consuming Syntha-6 protein, will one then be able to jump rope to your caliber? o_O

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        Well postworkout your body needs more than just protein to best recover. . .

It needs carbohydrates: simple carbs to quickly replenish your muscles (won't store up as fat if you drink within 30-45 minutes after intense workout), AND complex carbs to slowly supply the muscles with nutrition after the workout. . .

That's why this is more of a "post-workout/recovery" shake than a "protein shake"(which you can drink at anytime during the day to supplment your caloric, and protein intake). . .

For a post-workout drink, I'll take 200 calories, 23 grams of protein, 13 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, and 6 grams of fat OVER 120ish calories, 30 grams of protein, but no carbs, or fat.
        Hey Pug, couldn't agree more about carbs p/wo, i just wouldn't want to be paying such top money for a tub that is 50% protein and 50% carbs & sugars. The expensive stuff is protein, I want my tub to be mainly protein and next to no fillers....I will add my own "fillers"
        For my carbs post work out I use "Glucose C" (dextrose) which costs next to nothing.

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Glucose-C-454g_12534/

Thats from the UK, but I know dextrose is everywhere and cheap. Mix up 2 large table spoons of that with your protein and away you go....

Comment

Syntha-6 is a tremendous product. I'm not sure how guy's who follow boxing routines supplement and eat, but from a bodybuilding perspective it's up there with the best. Taste usually means nothing to me, but Syntha-6 has a taste value that actually add's to the product.

BSN in general are a great brand who don't just push useless products, they all have a value. Cellmass is right behind Syntha-6 as far as their best products go.

I'm not sure if it's available in the US yet, but if you're after a pure whey protein supplement then get yourself a tub of SAS WPI80 Whey - best whey protein on the market and as the name suggest, an 80% protein ratio. Also, because it's a newer brand, it's cheaper.

Comment

It sells for 55-65 dollars in most health stores (for the 5 pound tub), but I buy it on amazon for around 40 bucks (free shipping). Ends up being like 50 cents per serving . .

Haha I should have first looked for the thread; I shall add it there later!
            Does the site deliver to Ze UK? If so any chance of a link my good man? Sounds great, im always on the look out for different protien sources and ***** like that.

I take a scoop of Banana PHD Whey and a scoop of Chocolate Peanut Butter Myofusion post work out and it tastes ACE! The Myofusion is a blend, and i scoff about 20-30 gummy bears too

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
              Hey Pug, couldn't agree more about carbs p/wo, i just wouldn't want to be paying such top money for a tub that is 50% protein and 50% carbs & sugars. The expensive stuff is protein, I want my tub to be mainly protein and next to no fillers....I will add my own "fillers"
              For my carbs post work out I use "Glucose C" (dextrose) which costs next to nothing.

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Glucose-C-454g_12534/

Thats from the UK, but I know dextrose is everywhere and cheap. Mix up 2 large table spoons of that with your protein and away you go....

Good point. . . I guess I just enjoy the taste, and the convenience. . . Also like the 5 grams of fiber it provides. . . Although you can buy powdered fiber and mix that up as well. . .
              Last edited by UglyPug; 03-16-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                Does the site deliver to Ze UK? If so any chance of a link my good man? Sounds great, im always on the look out for different protien sources and ***** like that.

I take a scoop of Banana PHD Whey and a scoop of Chocolate Peanut Butter Myofusion post work out and it tastes ACE! The Myofusion is a blend, and i scoff about 20-30 gummy bears too
                http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbm=sho...w=1280&bih=580

Here's a list of some online stores I found that sell it. . . I've ordered from the vitamin shoppe and I know they are very good - always on time.

Here is some sellers on amazon . . .

www.amazon.com just search for "BSN syntha-6" If you want to be more specific, and search for either the 2.91 lb tub, or the 5 pound tub just add that to the search. Also, some flavors I know of are vanilla ice cream, chocolate cake batter, strawberry, banana, chocolate peanut butter. . I've only tried the vanilla, but im sure they're all delicious tasting. . .

Ima check out those proteins. . . I always like to try out new protein mixes as well.
                Last edited by UglyPug; 03-16-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

For guy's in the UK looking for Syntha-6, swiftsupplements do the best price.

£34.85 + free delivery.

Comment

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbm=sho...w=1280&bih=580

Here's a list of some online stores I found that sell it. . . I've ordered from the vitamin shoppe and I know they are very good - always on time.

Here is some sellers on amazon . . .

www.amazon.com just search for "BSN syntha-6" If you want to be more specific, and search for either the 2.91 lb tub, or the 5 pound tub just add that to the search. Also, some flavors I know of are vanilla ice cream, chocolate cake batter, strawberry, banana, chocolate peanut butter. . I've only tried the vanilla, but im sure they're all delicious tasting. . .

Ima check out those proteins. . . I always like to try out new protein mixes as well.
                    Thanks a lot man

Couldnt wait though, just saw a tub today and bought it - Tastes ACE! Vanilla Ice Cream flavour

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      For guy's in the UK looking for Syntha-6, swiftsupplements do the best price.

£34.85 + free delivery.
                      Damn ive been shafted.... £44 for a 2.29Kg tub

Cheers for the info though mate

Comment

Working...
                      X