No announcement yet.

rock music is truly dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
    Yeah, I read about this years ago. It's just cheaper and easier to produce **** on a computer than have a band of people with instruments.

It doesn't help that music is pirated so much nowadays it isn't worth the time, money and effort to produce good stuff.
    I experienced it years ago. Used to do studio work on guitar and gradually over the years the gigs came fewer and farther in between until it was only a couple a year. Guitar just isn't the main thing in music anymore.

... and as far a pirated music, album/CD sales died, mp3 sales fluctuate with marketing campaigns, and the only real $$ for artists is touring. That's why all the old bands like U2 & Journey that tour, make more money than a lot of todays chart toppers.

Comment

Nu Metal killed the genre.

Comment

Itunes and downloading also killed the genre as well. At least when you watch a band on a talk show, you can see the host hold up a vinyl album to promote a band now again. There's good groups out there. You just have to watch those talk shows to know who they are anymore. That's what I do. If you like rockabilly, there's Imelda May. The Black Keys have that classic rock sound, Odetta Hartman has that singer/songwriter sound with a nice groove and Greta Van Fleet just flat out rocks. Vintage Trouble has more of a classic dance/soul sound. Whatever sound you're into, odds are there's a performer or group for it if you do a search on youtube. Carson Daly profiles some good live performances on his show as well. The '80s synth pop sound seems to be making a comeback now as well, like with this group Drab Majesty, for instance. But yeah, it does suck you have to seek them out more now. It's like that catch 22 scene in Airheads when Steve Buscemi asks the station owner why they never play all these great band's CDs and the owner responds asking why they're not tearing up the charts and Buscemi says because you don't play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
          Never hear much of their songs but Greta Van Fleet might keep it alive.
          They did a great cover of It's Been
          A Long Time Coming, a song Sam Cooke made popular back in the day.
          There is also band named Halestorm that's doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            They did a great cover of It's Been
            A Long Time Coming, a song Sam Cooke made popular back in the day.
            There is also band named Halestorm that's doing well.
            Might have heard the name of that band but never heard their music. Thought it was a metal band.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
              It’s still there. You just have to search for it.

It’s a lot cooler to rap about incoherent nonsense. Rappers today don’t even sound like they use real words. Can’t understand a goddamn thing they say.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZt17CCaqu4

Can you make out a single word in this?

Comment

Who actually buys music nowadays? People just YouTube rip or stream, the only way bands can make any money is via gigs or selling merchandise.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                  Who actually buys music nowadays? People just YouTube rip or stream, the only way bands can make any money is via gigs or selling merchandise.
                  Yeah I would YouTube rip a lot of stuff. It’s easier to just download from iTunes for me. I have to download an application from my laptop, convert the video, transfer the sh#t to iTunes, then connect my phone and sync it to iTunes. Too much work. I’m sure there’s a way to do it directly from my phone, but I’m too ******ed.

I don’t even use any of those streaming services like spodify or anything else. Idk.

Comment

Mainstream music today is all computer generated, auto-tune, whiney chick music. If you want rock, you have to look to metal now, otherwise forget it. But look across all genres and what passes for music today in rock, country, hip-hop, etc., is watered down soy-boy shyt.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                      Yeah I would YouTube rip a lot of stuff. It’s easier to just download from iTunes for me. I have to download an application from my laptop, convert the video, transfer the sh#t to iTunes, then connect my phone and sync it to iTunes. Too much work. I’m sure there’s a way to do it directly from my phone, but I’m too ******ed.

I don’t even use any of those streaming services like spodify or anything else. Idk.
                      I can download a crisp 320kbps MP3 or FLAC in about 10 seconds flat without having to sign up to anything. God bless the Russians, myzuka ftw!

Oh, and bin off your iPhone and buy a Galaxy or Mate 20 Pro, then all you need to do is download directly on your phone or download on your laptop & upload to dropbox etc.

Anything you can't find on myzuka, you can find on soulseek.

Comment

Working...
                      X