No announcement yet.

FACT: Calzaghe beat a prime Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    If anything Calzaghe was way past prime and he punked Hop. Just imagine if a prime Joe was in there I can see Hop getting the Lacy beating.
    I dont get this post, Hopkins at 43 was in his prime but Calzaghe at 36 was past his? How does that work? And I would hardly call a split decsion loss (which many thought Hopkins won) as being punked

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
      I dont get this post, Hopkins at 43 was in his prime but Calzaghe at 36 was past his? How does that work? And I would hardly call a split decsion loss (which many thought Hopkins won) as being punked
      WE know now that Joe was finished at the highest level and couldn't go anymore after all the wars he'd been through. Hop had 4 good years left in him and showed he was sill near prime. As for the decision we should give Calzaghe massive praise for coming here and fighting an American in America and getting the decision. That doesn't happen often.

Comment

Here I was thinking Hopkins was in his prime when he beat tito.

Guess I was nearly a decade early

Comment

He rly lost but whatever, it was a close fight not gonna argue the decision. Styles make fights and Calzaghe would've lost regardless had he kept going, no way he beats some of the other guys around his weight class that were on the rise. He got out at the perfect time.

Comment

Lol. Ok😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Joe Calzaghe was a mythical being. In time, he'll be held in the same regard as the Rocky Marciano's and Ray Robinson's of the Boxing world.

Comment

In what world is getting dropped and barely winning a split decision dominating and schooling someone?

Comment

Prime in boxing is when you are the best boxer you will be. It's likely bh reached prime late as he took up boxing late.
                  Jc hands were gone so his best days were likely behind d him.

Comment

FACT: Calzaghe got dropped and got a gift decision.

Comment

43 is the new prime to you clowns. And no he didn't beat Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
                      X