Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade Outboxes, Stops Artur Akavov in Twelfth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrade clearly has the skills but that killer instinct isn't there. He mentions all the time he doesn't need to push it but if things get to that level, it's going to hurt him. He's gotta assert himself more and not be content with points decision, which is where tonight was going. Not taking chances isn't a good thing when you're trying to build your name.

Comment

• My top 8 MW rankings based on skills/resume ,#1Canelo,#2Jacobs,#3,4,5,6 is any combination of Charlo/BJS/GGG/Deryevchenko#7Brant

#8Andrade(I know it sounds fcked up but I think Andrade is the worst "name" at 160right now based on past performances & all around atrociously boring/weak style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
        A broke welfare queen that can afford a 24/7 gym membership and can slap you inside outside upside down and around town, you clown.
        Fucc the gym Punk we'll take it to the streets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
          Only to the ones where there are bs stoppages and the only ones that come to my mind are fights that was ALL promoted by Eddie Hearn. They all have one common theme, Eddie Hearn was promoter.

I still remember price vs that other fella last month.

Maybe they are just **** refs and he needs to find better ones though
          How long have you been watching?

Comment

• Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
            I'm not still not sold on Andrade to be honest. He fought a good fight tonight and showed that he's better than Akavov. But, I want to see him face stiffer competition like a Billy Joe Saunders. Hopefully that fight can happen next. If not, I know he called out GGG specifically so maybe that's a potential fight if GGG decides to sign on with DAZN.

I thought at first that the stoggage was premature but like the commentators said, it's not the official's job to keep track of the time. He's there to take care of the fighters. It looks a bit shady, yes, but hey the ref is there to protect fighters. Maybe he saw Akavov wasn't throwing anything and don't forget that Andrade was coming on in those last 20 seconds of the round. It could have been a bad knockout.
            But Akavov was throwing so that definitely was a bullshet stoppage!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              But Akavov was throwing so that definitely was a bullshet stoppage!
              I'm leaning more towards it was an early stoppage but all I'm saying is the ref probably saw it differently. I don't think the ref is keeping up with the time to say, "This guy could go down bad any second now but because there's only 20 seconds to go, I'm gonna let it finish." I don't know. Maybe my thinking on this is flawed but I'm trying to see it from the ref's perspective.

Comment

• Did someone just say, face ops like billy joe saunders?
                what a kunt.
                The 4 round lineal middlewhateva bum from *****sville?
                Pair a kunts.

Comment

• Bad stoppage but the loss was inevitable. Hurts Akavov as far as being able to say "BJS and Andrade went the distance with me". Andrade does enough to win and I don't think anyone would see his best until brought out by an A-level opponent. That's not to say I think he'll ever be exciting or compelling...for Andrade (and many other fighters) he requires his opponent to make it that way. I think he'd make it competitive and possibly win against the elite but he would require them to make it compelling . If nothing else, he gives us a credible opponent for the Jacobs, Canelos and GGGs of the world. I didn't mention BJS because I think he is of the same ilk as Andrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                    I'm leaning more towards it was an early stoppage but all I'm saying is the ref probably saw it differently. I don't think the ref is keeping up with the time to say, "This guy could go down bad any second now but because there's only 20 seconds to go, I'm gonna let it finish." I don't know. Maybe my thinking on this is flawed but I'm trying to see it from the ref's perspective.
                    Yes I understand what you're saying...
                    But if you go back and watch the fight to the one minute break between round 11th and 12th the referee was just looking for an excuse to stop the fight by the words he was telling Akavov...
                    Then during the final round he was just looking for an opportunity to stop the fight.
                    That shet seems funny to me...
                    Like if the referee knew he only had one more round to stop the fight...
                    Like if he was getting paid to stop the fight....
                    Go back and see it and let me know what you think...

Comment

• Definitely a Suspect stoppage by Mercante .
                      Boo - Boo's still Boring .

Comment

Working...
                      X