No announcement yet.

GGG-Canelo II - Press Row Scoring - Don't Delete this Again Canelo Fan Boys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Those fighters weren't ringside so that means nothing.
    Good point and it stands to reason that the media have scored more fights than the boxers by a very wide margin.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Good point and it stands to reason that the media have scored more fights than the boxers by a very wide margin.
      Anyone who wasn't there is immediately stricken from the record.

Fighters have bias. Most of them couldn't stand GGG because he was stopping everyone and getting the publicity.

The point is less than 10% of the entire world thinks Canelo won either fight.

Comment

Majority of boxers and trainers (and the judges) thought Canelo won, Majority of casuals and journalists thought Golovkin won. I'm glad my opinion aligns with the group that actually KSAB

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Why do GGG fans keep posting the scores from ringside? How do we know the people scoring at ringside used the rules judges are required to score a fight?

Yes, Canelo gets the benefit of the doubt and has gotten very, very , VERY favorable scorecards in this fight and others before it. It is unfair.

That stated, GGG lost a close decision. No sense in continually complaining about it. The scorecards are not going to change.
          The reality is that many at Ringside we’re fantasizing to be GGG, wishing to beat Canelo. And when GGG lost, denial set in. Why would actual boxing legends favor Canelo over GGG? Let’s us guess, those legends themselves “hated” on GGG?

Comment

First fight was a robbery, 2nd fight thou IMO GGG pride showed and it cost him. Kept headhunting instead of breaking down the body. Canelo stood his ground and they body was their to be tenderized alas he didn't

So IMO its 1-1 .

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              Anyone who wasn't there is immediately stricken from the record.

Fighters have bias. Most of them couldn't stand GGG because he was stopping everyone and getting the publicity.

The point is less than 10% of the entire world thinks Canelo won either fight.
              Abel Sanchez was there, and he did not scored the fight for GGG...
              When even your own trainer doesnt think you won it becomes silly to cry about three score cards decided by only one point combined... time to take the L like a man...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                Abel Sanchez was there, and he did not scored the fight for GGG...
                When even your own trainer doesnt think you won it becomes silly to cry about three score cards decided by only one point combined... time to take the L like a man...
                First, people need to stop resurrecting old threads.

Two - this myth needs to die. In no shape or form, did Abel ever say that Canelo won. He said it was a terrific fight, and after calling Canelo to stand and fight, he actually did it. That does not mean Canelo won. The comments are absolutely not related.

There's a lot of great breakdowns in this thread (New england's pro-canelo one is very good), here's my take:
                Golovkin once again outlanded his opponent.
                Golovkin hurt Canelo seriously in the 10th (or was it 11th? don't remember).

While the media made the story of the fight into body punching, keep in mind that body punches need to have an affect. Golovkin is the one that was turned into a mover by Canelo's force in the center of the ring. Golovkin did not slow down during the fight despite the body punching, which can be seen by both punch output and his effectiveness in later round.
                Personally, I think Golovkin got the better of the 2 fights, hands down. If they were in their prime/same age, he's the better fighter.

Having said that, that's my opinion as a fan. What will get lost in translation is that both fights were absolutely spectacular. It saddens me to read all the 'they're boring, no knockdowns' crap from the biased casuals. These 2 fights are as good as you'll get in the next 5 years. I don't see any 2 currently active alive that have the skill level of Canelo and Golovkin.

Canelo showed he can grow with each fight and show a new dimension, and that he's absolutely spectacular. Golovkin showed all the boxing skills the fans have been clamoring for. Throw out the fandom and the bias, and enjoy greatness when you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  First, people need to stop resurrecting old threads.

Two - this myth needs to die. In no shape or form, did Abel ever say that Canelo won. He said it was a terrific fight, and after calling Canelo to stand and fight, he actually did it. That does not mean Canelo won. The comments are absolutely not related.

There's a lot of great breakdowns in this thread (New england's pro-canelo one is very good), here's my take:
                  Golovkin once again outlanded his opponent.
                  Golovkin hurt Canelo seriously in the 10th (or was it 11th? don't remember).

While the media made the story of the fight into body punching, keep in mind that body punches need to have an affect. Golovkin is the one that was turned into a mover by Canelo's force in the center of the ring. Golovkin did not slow down during the fight despite the body punching, which can be seen by both punch output and his effectiveness in later round.
                  Personally, I think Golovkin got the better of the 2 fights, hands down. If they were in their prime/same age, he's the better fighter.

Having said that, that's my opinion as a fan. What will get lost in translation is that both fights were absolutely spectacular. It saddens me to read all the 'they're boring, no knockdowns' crap from the biased casuals. These 2 fights are as good as you'll get in the next 5 years. I don't see any 2 currently active alive that have the skill level of Canelo and Golovkin.

Canelo showed he can grow with each fight and show a new dimension, and that he's absolutely spectacular. Golovkin showed all the boxing skills the fans have been clamoring for. Throw out the fandom and the bias, and enjoy greatness when you see it.

Comment

GGGot his ass beat Doe! Look at his face Doe!

Comment

--- Comedy gold!

Some of your grazing herds of what passes as the piffle of boxing press these days didn't even provide a score.

Nobody cares what a bunch is drunks that pass as fans think. Fact is your boy golovkin is the one who delayed the fight, and then did most of the peddling in reverse with the busted mug to prove it.

Comment

Working...
                      X