No announcement yet.

The USA Have Failed To Qualify For The 2018 FIFA World Cup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    The average US guy gives no f#cks about soccer & didn't really grow up playing soccer or at least high level soccer like many other countries do. Standard you're gonna get your ass kicked in some sh^t no one gives a f#ck in your country largely & because of that there is not much high level training or competition you can get. F#ck boring ass soccer & every other non-hitting people in the head sport btw.
    Come on now Panda, been agreeing with all your posts up to now
    But I grew up around the sport and played at a college level..

It's just a matter of time before the US catches on, it's the fastest growing sport here. This will be a major setback for the game tho, sad to see Pulisic, the only promising player the US has had in years, is going to miss out of the big stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      Who you reckon gonna win it?

I have Belgium. They didn't do the job done on Euro, but they will this time lol. Or one of the South American teams. Just please no Spain or Germany. I'm sick of these teams winning every major tournament.
      Die Mannschaft.

Hands down, don't see anybody even coming close to them. Haven't seen the groups but hope they see brazil towards the end so they can give them more nightmares

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      Can't believe the orange machine failed too
      This

I'm so bummed I am not going to see Robben.
      Last edited by LomaLovkin; 10-12-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        20-30 years when the immigrants are a larger share of the population.
        Exactly bringer

Comment

Originally posted by LomaLovkin View Post
          Come on now Panda, been agreeing with all your posts up to now
          But I grew up around the sport and played at a college level..

It's just a matter of time before the US catches on, it's the fastest growing sport here. This will be a major setback for the game tho, sad to see Pulisic, the only promising player the US has had in years, is going to miss out of the big stage.
          Are there stats backing it up it being the fasting growing sport in the US?

Personally I legit know zero people who dig soccer who are US cats. I knew some Euro dudes in the hipster neighborhood where I lived in upstate NY who were so hardcore they had huge team flags hanging from their f#cking house + my Mexican homie/roommate back in Michigan loved soccer & would play that boring ass FIFA game for days & thats it ever that I've come across.

No legit US dudes digging it. Obviously thats a limited take on it, but thats the take I've seen.

I'm admittedly anti-non hitting people in the head sports so I'm hardly the most well versed guy on soccer or any other sport doe, but I gotta say I've seen virtually every sport that they televise at some point & soccer is right up there with baseball & golf as among the most boring wider available sports to me just as a casual observer so if it did become bigger in the US with our short attention span I'd be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            Shame, it was great watching them back in 94 when they exceeded all expectations. Was hoping they'd give it a good go next year: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ago/752568001/
            Whats Fifa?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Are there stats backing it up it being the fasting growing sport in the US?

Personally I legit know zero people who dig soccer who are US cats. I knew some Euro dudes in the hipster neighborhood where I lived in upstate NY who were so hardcore they had huge team flags hanging from their f#cking house + my Mexican homie/roommate back in Michigan loved soccer & would play that boring ass FIFA game for days & thats it ever that I've come across.

No legit US dudes digging it. Obviously thats a limited take on it, but thats the take I've seen.

I'm admittedly anti-non hitting people in the head sports so I'm hardly the most well versed guy on soccer or any other sport doe, but I gotta say I've seen virtually every sport that they televise at some point & soccer is right up there with baseball & golf as among the most boring wider available sports to me just as a casual observer so if it did become bigger in the US with our short attention span I'd be surprised.
              I'm sure there are, a couple of new professional teams are entering the MLS including LA and Miami which could only mean the market is there for them hence growth in popularity.

I hardly ever watch a soccer game to be honest, unless it's obviously the teams I follow but even that's rare. The World Cup is a whole different story tho, you got the best of the best out there on the field going head to head.

You should catch a game or two this summer and see if that sways you.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                Shame, it was great watching them back in 94 when they exceeded all expectations. Was hoping they'd give it a good go next year: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ago/752568001/
                Contrast that with Iceland 330,000 population and you see how major embarrassing it is. Unacceptable from a super power. Someone has to be blamed. I blame Trump....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Exactly bringer
                  I can work with that. I liked his reasoning and some of his views on life.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    I always liked and cheered for the US team during World Cup because they're never in a boring game. They're like Provodnikov of football - low skilled and clearly below a certain level, but they make up for it with heart and feistiness. Shame they didn't qualify.

If it's any consolation for you Yanks, England probably won't get past round of 16, as usual. So it's not like they're that much better than you...
                    That's England for you in sports..
                    Soccer - had a lot of stars and EPL is such a big league still can't win a World Cup

Cricket - invented the game never won a a World Cup

boxing is thriving in England now.. with Murray doing his bit in Tennis..

Comment

Working...
                    X