Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[REAL TALK] How to make boxing more fun for the fans again. No Connor trolling plz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Doesn't the UFC offer extra money to a fighter if they win by KO or something?

Boxing should do this.
    UFc fighters get paid chump change so they will try to take each others heads off for the bonus lol. In boxing they get paid alot more so i doubt it would make them fight different.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
      UFc fighters get paid chump change so they will try to take each others heads off for the bonus lol. In boxing they get paid alot more so i doubt it would make them fight different.
      Seriously doubt it. Money talks.

If you said to Floyd he'd get an extra $20 million for a ko watch him throw bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
        Clearly you love paying money for ppvs that disappoint because neither fighter goes for it. You seem to love the slow boring decisions. Yeah nothing like a waste of $50 and 36 minutes of hugging it out. I'll bet the male prozzies love you.
        I'm not even talking about this thread. Just your threads overall. You are an MMA fan disguising yourself as a boxing fan. You actually sound like the alt of that other troll clown GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          I'm not even talking about this thread. Just your threads overall. You are an MMA fan disguising yourself as a boxing fan. You actually sound like the alt of that other troll clown GGG.
          The alt of who?

I've been here longer than you boy. I want boxing to be fun again. I want the crowds of the 80s and 90s talking about boxers being the baddest men on the planet. What I don't want is a generation of huggers and dancers killing the sport by turning off fans through sleep inducing boredom.

Comment

Clearly you love paying money for ppvs that disappoint because neither fighter goes for it. You seem to love the slow boring decisions. Yeah nothing like a waste of $50 and 36 minutes of hugging it out. I'll bet the male prozzies love you.
            If decisions are boring to you this isn't your sport stick to mma

Comment

1) bring back 15 round fights or at least maybe them 13 rounds so we can break the 6-6 tie. Even number of rounds has hurt boxing.
              We need less rounds not more. Now when tip top guys fight more rounds are better, but I think only the tip top guys fight 12+ rounds.

Thats how I think boxing should be tiered in fact. I think when you start out you should be in 4 rounders. Win some fights & you move up to 6 rounders, the guys who don't win fights in the 4 round tier don't move up to 6 rounds. So we are putting better boxers in higher & higher levels so we get the best guys fighting in more competitive fights & the guys who lose go down in rounds as they lose. I think that would greatly increase the caliber of competition we see which is one of the giant problems with boxing.

2) 3 knockdown is in effect. If a guy goes down 3 times in a round it's a tko. Simple
              I could be cool with this or nah. I think usually 3 KD's end the fight although sometimes it doesn't so that would suck when a guy was still good to go or there were fluke KD's or something. I think it'd more or less equal out doe so I'd be whatever about this.

3) decrease glove size. There's no reason why fighters have to wear pillows in there. Decrease the rules to lower glove since by 2 ounces across the board.
              I've mentioned this one myself. People wanna see KO's. Plus I ultimately think boxers are AT MORE risk due to the prolonging head trauma they take over 36 minutes + with time to recovery. Its common knowledge that the worst brain injuries happen upon a second injury within a short duration of time so the way boxing works is damn near trying to setup serious injuries to fighters with the recovery time so guys getting straight blacked out is gonna help more guys long term more then likely as nutty as that might sound to some.

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Doesn't the UFC offer extra money to a fighter if they win by KO or something?

Boxing should do this.
              100%. Boxing should have a Win bonus, a KO bonus + a fight of the night bonus. Would make guys try to win & make more of an effort to put on a show.

I'd like to see instant replay added to boxing. I think acting like the ref can see everything is a dumb concept. We got cameras. If we can see a guy was fouled or headbutted or whatever that was previously miscalled we can insure what happened in the ring is honored & we should.

I'd like to see holding more aggressively stopped & punished. I think it f#cks up the flow of the fight (I hear all this cats dogging MMA all the time, but this holding & clinching sh^t is accepted for whatever reason, stop that flow killing bs or go wrestlef#ck in the cage) & in particular when a guy is seriously hurt. There are soooooo many times I've love to see a guy deducted a point when he's hurt or dropped & holds on damn near embarrassingly.

One champion obviously.

Ratings done by 50+, 100+ boxing writers/pundits from all over the globe to get a nice mixture of opinions & a more honest ratings system that isn't controlled by some mysterious group of voters or a small group of people.

The #1 contender gets a title shot every 18 months (assuming he keeps the spot, unlike the abc groups, inactivity, a bad performance or you fighting bs guys & the #2 or #3 guys fighting more serious guys can get you jumped over).

Guys who are KO'd should be suspended for 6 or 12 (lights out KO'd) months. If you get KO'd, lights out KO"d, too many times in a row or in your career, maybe 3 or 4, I think you should be suspended for 18-36 months.

Comment

yea lets allow more ring deaths and injuries to please the coach potatoes

Comment

Smaller gloves and more rounds = more deaths. No thanks.

Comment

Comment

I don't like the three knockdown rule. If a fighter can get up and continue to fight after an 8-count, let him fight.

I think better matchmaking goes a long way. Less mismatches, better style match ups, and same day weigh-ins or rehydration clauses to keep fighters in their proper weight classes.

Smaller rings might be good so fighters who like to run have less room to maneuver. Title fights are 15 rounds.

Negotiate a purse, but whoever wins by KO/TKO gets a significant bonus or percentage of the purse.

Comment

Working...
                      X