Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye - Full Detailed Statement Regarding His Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great retirement speech, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. David Haye is clearly an intelligent and articulate man. I watched him come up from his earliest pro fights and he was a devastating fighter in his prime. His body may have broken down toward the end but his heart never wilted. In a funny way he did go out on top because the two fights with Bellew showed us something that we never had the opportunity to see during his physical prime: that not only did he have the skill but also the will.

You're a champion, David. Enjoy your retirement!

Comment

I wished him well already the first time around. Glad the con-job he tried to pull failed.

Comment

Very sad day for me this retirement is.

I thought when Haye returned at 35 he needed to quickly get a title shot like ithin a year because I didn't think at 37/38 it would be easy.

I was very annoyed that he signed up for the first Bellew fight instead of pursuing the WBO route where he had a no.1 ranking. Goodbye David at least you cashed out I suppose.

Anyway I am taking inspiration from his words to live in the moment, here is a tip for everyone (i'm currently a novice amateur boxer) and I am going to win a gold medal at the British University College Sport in the light heavy weight divison at the grand old age of 32 (putting myself through university late to train as a Geologist hence my eligibility), then I will challenge any other National Amateur Champions or Tournament winners in the UK. So positivity and training hard day in day out people, loads of compliments or friendliness to everyone I meet and encounter is my now my daily routine.

"Live in the moment", David Haye is still a G in retirement!!!

Comment

Honest words from Haye, hope he stay healthy at his retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
            People like you are sad. Haye is done he retired why are you still clinging to the mans flaws like they are your own.

“He without sin, cast the first stone”

Show some respect, which I know you have none of and give the man a proper sending off.
            Oh lighten up a little bit. I respect his skill-set. He was a terror at CW. At HW, he was more bark than bite. When all is said and done, his legacy isn't toe-riffic.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
              Great retirement speech, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. David Haye is clearly an intelligent and articulate man. I watched him come up from his earliest pro fights and he was a devastating fighter in his prime. His body may have broken down toward the end but his heart never wilted. In a funny way he did go out on top because the two fights with Bellew showed us something that we never had the opportunity to see during his physical prime: that not only did he have the skill but also the will.

You're a champion, David. Enjoy your retirement!
              Well said, couldn't agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                Happy retirement. I'm sure there will be no comebacks in the future.

I was a fan back in the day and always looked forward to his fights, when he was fit and explosive. He was exciting to watch.

He was done really around the time he pulled out of the Fury fights with injury. I was reading earlier about further injuries I hadn't even heard about, such as metal rods being put into his back in 2015.
                He was clearly bent out of shape when he made his comeback, but I'd imagine he made a tidy sum from the 2 Bellew fights.
                Regarding the back injury I see that he mentioned it was documented so hopefully we'll see that documentary soon. I can't imagine what it's like training for a fight after having that surgery.

Really makes it a hard case to not see his comeback as a money grab unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
                  Lots of love to the hayemaker he did alot for british boxing in what was a less prosperous era, sad to see him go out how he did but it's the nature of the beast.. he's found out the most important thing anyway. The past is gone and doesn't exist anymore and the future hasn't happened and doesn't exist, only the present is real. If you can read between the lines this is important life advice man. Humbling stuff from a warrior as are all those who enter the ring so valiantly and only a few make it to the the level he did he can be proud. While armchair comedians with unrelated and unrelenting anger troll to quench their insecurities. God bless one and all
                  One of the most sincerest posts I've seen on here. Fair play to you mate.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
                    David has always been articulate (unlike most boxers) and this was very well-written. Written by somebody who is capable of an honest reflection and wisdom. He's done very well in his career and I hope we will see more of him as a promoter. Something he'll surely do well as well.

I'd pay to see Hearn vs Haye: The Verbal Battle of Promoters
                    David's next card incase you didn't know bro is on Friday channel dave starts 9pm

Comment

Great retirement speeech Haye! As a peenoy I haven’t really followed your career except here on boxingscene, but was rooting for you on the rematch with Bellew.

Respect and happy retirement!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X