Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: I'm Determined To Destroy Wilder and Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury didn't look that good against Wlad. Wlad just looked like a corpse.

Fury landed only 23% of his punches and landed an average of 7 punches per round against a stationary target.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
      I think the reason there is that perception that Fury didn't get all the credit is because people just can't believe Wlad could have lost that way. To me, their fight was a fluke on Wlad's part and they do have an unfinished business (even though Fury clearly beat Wlad that night, it was not even close and absolutely give Fury credit for an honest win over Wlad). Sometimes a boxer loses not because he was outmatched by a better opponent, but because he, himself, gave up the fight. No way a journeyman Ross Purrity is better than Klitschko, right? And Klitschko still lost to him because for whatever reason he just wasn't there on the night. If only they had a second fight, then we would have a definitive answer and, if Fury had won the second time, his stock would have gone up through the roof. Fury did not fight world class elite heavyweights until Klitschko, so, IMO, the jury on Fury is still out there..

I try not to engage in imaginary fights discussions. Incidentally, Lewis did not beat Mike Tyson when Mike was in his prime. That would have been hell of a fight though!

We cannot convincingly compare the legends of the past with the legends in the making. An argument may be made that current champs should beat the previous ones because we evolve, we get stronger, we have more training methods and supplements available to us and, more importantly, we learn while standing on the shoulders of the past and use their strengths and weaknesses. Whether this means that AJ (whenever he reaches his prime) would have beat Lennox in his prime, I don't know. Not necessarily, maybe not too much time past between them, maybe Lennox was just that good, but that's all speculation anyway...
      I honestly don't have a rebuttal and I agree with everything you said.

I hope Tyson can catch lightning in the bottle one more time for his shake. He mite kill him self if AJ lays him out in the first round .

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        Any attempt win or lose on your part Fury would still be entertaining.

Please attempt to do so.
        Yes. Even though he was involved in hands down the worst title fight I've ever seen, I can't help but love this guy. Never a dull moment, and so sincere and authentic. He believes in himself like very few others. We all have issues, and the fact that he is trying to deal with his makes me like him all the more. He's like the Gypsy King Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Thebrownbear View Post
          Yes. Even though he was involved in hands down the worst title fight I've ever seen, I can't help but love this guy. Never a dull moment, and so sincere and authentic. He believes in himself like very few others. We all have issues, and the fact that he is trying to deal with his makes me like him all the more. He's like the Gypsy King Ali
          After the heavyweight division was plagued with the boredom of a Wlad dynasty I welcome Fury at this point and I'm not even that big a fan of his to be honest.

Change is good, we need all the Fury, Wilder and Joshua in the world to breath new life in this "Do not resesitate " division.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            He's clearly not.If he were he wouldn't be fighting a cruiser-weight who lost to the only heavyweight he ever fought.Time will tell if he's any good anymore .
            He's just shaking off the ring rust. He's still better then Joshua. He's just on another level than AJ, who wont have the size advantage and won't be able to find slick Tyson. Fury would put on a master class against AJ. It would be another Mayweather-Gatti. AJ would be completely lost in there. The ref would have to jump in and save his life. We all know it.
            Last edited by Boxing lives; 05-29-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder we all know Fury's been out 3 years but I wonder what boxing he did in that time? Did he shadow box at least.? Did he studynopponents? Did he learn boxing theory? Did he hit pads?

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                Ok, that's fair but I don't agree . Tysons style is never going to have anybody in "trouble". Maybe tysons fighting style took klitscko mentally out of it. I feel like people are discrediting this man.

Just looking at the current landscape AJ doesn't have much to choose from in regards to elite competition. Lewis even though fought a few HOF's that were no longer in their prime he still did fight them . We can't even get the Wildier fight signed yet. Do you think AJ could had beaten a riddick bowe or Holyfield (even though Lewis got him on the decline ) idk.
                The whole 'Klitschko wasn't himself' against Fury is just the narrative that was hammered home to build and promote the Joshua fight and to discredit Fury's win. Yeah, for sure, Tyson got well into Wlad's head but was that the reason for his easy win? No. It was his style and skills.

Everyone talks like Wlad was some come forward 'take two punches to land one' fighter and that on that night in Dusseldorf he was a shell of himself. The fact is Fury's gameplan was perfect and he pulled it off to a tee.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                  smiles, now you think breazeale is whack but 5000boxing think he is an all time great in the US.
                  the guy is a fvvking bum.
                  Brezeale is a definitely a bum. Like Whyte his greatest achievement is getting pummeled by AJ. The only reason he is ranked highly, is to make AJ's record look better. A loss to boxing god AJ can propel even the worst heavyweights into the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                    Brezeale is a definitely a bum. Like Whyte his greatest achievement is getting pummeled by AJ. The only reason he is ranked highly, is to make AJ's record look better. A loss to boxing god AJ can propel even the worst heavyweights into the top 10.
                    Lolx.... I don't know what to say to you again minsta... You just got me laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
                      Buster Douglas will be always be held in higher regard than this cowardly, undisciplined, unstable oaf...

That tells you exactly where Fury stands...and the bipolar, **** talking addict won't prove me wrong.
                      Douglas at least tried to defend his titles, fat Fury immediately lost his balls and vacated.

Comment

Working...
                      X