Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan Garcia vs Orlando Salido should be next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
    That kid is not ready for that type of work, he still has a lot to learn and a lot to improve on. I would expect Salido to bully him around and win a comfortable decision if they fought now. Give the kid his time to develop and don't rush him because if you rush you stumble.
    You need to crawl before you start walking

This would be a no no
    If the glove does not fit we must acquit

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
      Isn't Salido retired? He just got KO'd and a fight before that he was getting dropped by some bum.
      he unretired himself a couple weeks later lol.

Comment

I was thinking Rene Alvarado next. Salido is past his best but there's always the fear that he could recapture his old form for one last fight and that would put Garcia in a situation he might not be ready for. Alvarado is also a tough, dangerous guy but his best form is a level below Salido's. Anyway I like how Garcia has been moved, very steady for such a young kid

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          I hope for his sake it’s 6 years down the line
          Salido is a spoiler , in more ways than one
          LOL 6yrs might be a bit much, but thinking about it more my 2+ fights, 6+mos from now estimation might be too soon as well. Salido ain't a cat to play with even if he's not looking so bad ass last time out as he's looked in the recent past.

Comment

Man let that old man on his retirement...Micky Roman has done him in

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Orlando would be head butting and all kinds of dirty tactics for a 19 year old? no way Golden Boy trying to play up the kids good looks last thing you want is him getting cuts with Salido coming in with the head as a weapon. Even if salido is shot and Garcia wins the risk of rough house and illegal tactics is just too great. Not at this stage nobody needs that.
              He’d prob make Ryan cry with the way he fights

Comment

This would be a very good opponent at this stage. Almost makes too much sense. Either gonna be a great learning fight, or we will see a top, top fighter get crushed into retirement. I'm sure the hype machine would find a way to link the crushing of a half-dead Salido to Garcia having a chance against Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  I was thinking Rene Alvarado next. Salido is past his best but there's always the fear that he could recapture his old form for one last fight and that would put Garcia in a situation he might not be ready for. Alvarado is also a tough, dangerous guy but his best form is a level below Salido's. Anyway I like how Garcia has been moved, very steady for such a young kid
                  I said Alvarado, Orlando Cruz or Jonathan Oquendo. Alvarado definitely the most dangerous out of those guys and probably one I'd be looking to do in about 6 months and go after Cruz/Oquendo next

Comment

Working...
                  X