Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend plans on suing a restuarant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you are suing Burger King or Taco Bell or a major player idk that suing a restaurant is a positive ROI event for the suer.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      You know how chinese restuarants got table tops that spin and sht? Baby was turning it and teapot spilled on him causing severe burns ... got surgery amd everything

He isnt desperate for money and he wasnt gonna sue initially but peeps around him are pushing him to sue.
      Peeps around him pushing to sue?

Those peeps should smack him and his wife for being negligent parents and not watching what their baby was doing.

Lmfao sue the restaurant, gtfo here...

Comment

Parents too busy stuffing their faces?? No eyes on the kid??... Ling-Ling not gonna pay for that!

Comment

A friend of mine took his family out to a chinese restuarant and his baby got burned by hot tea that spilled over.

Does he got a case?
          It depends. I would have to know all the facts to say for sure, but I'll give a couple of factors that will help determine:

1.) How hot was the tea being brewed? Was it hotter than hot tea is typically brewed?

2.) What was the tea secured/served in? Have they had past accidents with babies and hot tea, and failed to take new precautions?

3.) Were the parents in anyway at fault for the tea spilling?

4.) What state did it happen in?

5.) Did the baby suffer any quantifiable damages such as second/third degree burns?

If he lives in Michigan I may consider taking the case - PM me for more details.

Comment

A friend of mine took his family out to a chinese restuarant and his baby got burned by hot tea that spilled over.

Does he got a case?
            Don't let people make him feel like if he sues he's some sort of idiot.

Seeking justice is a noble pursuit.

If the restaurant is serving tea at some ridiculously hot temperate, future accidents and injuries are bound to happen.

The whole "McDonalds hot coffee" case is blown out of proportion. They were brewing that tea at temperatures hotter than your radiator. And those flimsy plastic cups they served them in were terrible.

Here are pictures of her burns:

They also found the woman like 40% at fault (that's why I said it depends on what state it happened - some states have no fault rules where even if you're a little bit at fault, you can't recover. Other states it's on a 50/50 scale - as long as you're not more than 50% at fault you can recover; and some states you can be as much as 90% at fault, and still recover).

Comment

unless the equipment was faulty, an employee spilled it or the tea was exceptionally hot, not much the restaurant can do. thats like suing it for a stabbing, saying the knives are too sharp and the owners should have known better.

i think the parents are on the hook for this.

sue anyway. cant hurt

Comment

fucking white people LMAO. dumbass. not the restaurants fault you idiots don't pay attention to your babies.

Comment

I read on top ridiculous lawsuits, an old lady bought coffee at mcdo using drive thru. She spilled the coffee on herself. Totally her fault. She still sued mcdo. She won coz mcdo didnt say coffee was burning hot.

Lawyer only needs to prove 60% her fault, 40% mcdo fault. Or whatever BS number percentage.

Then again this is mcdo with lots of money not some mom and pop restaurant.

Comment

But the most ridiculous lawsuit i read was a thief who fell from the window of house he's trying to break in or escape out of. Sued the owner of the house and won.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                      But the most ridiculous lawsuit i read was a thief who fell from the window of house he's trying to break in or escape out of. Sued the owner of the house and won.
                      I swear i read that story in a manga once

Comment

Working...
                      X