Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Erislandy Lara the best Cuban boxer of the last 10 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Erislandy Lara the best Cuban boxer of the last 10 years?

A lot of Cubans have failed lately but Lara just keeps on winning and could very well still be undefeated. Lara is pretty much a Cuban Mayweather, He’s in tough with Hurd who’s a young big strong Jrmw but I don’t think he has the boxing tools to figure out Lara who is the slickest of all the recent Cubans.

Thoughts?

He's the most consistent for sure.

I would say Richar Abril was the most Mayweather-esque style-wise, but I get what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
      He's the most consistent for sure.

I would say Richar Abril was the most Mayweather-esque style-wise, but I get what you mean.
      Abril did resemble him aswell but he didn’t have like you said the consistency of Lara.

Some might mention Rigo but he got hit way too much for a defensive type fighter, if I recall correctly Rigo has been dropped like 10 times so far in his career.

Comment

don't want to be negative, but most of the other Cubans wouldn't have lost if they had fought the same calibre of fighters as Lara did recently.

Comment

I don't think he is that consistent. He has had some good performances and some poor ones. I thought Canelo deserved the win over Lara. He didn't look good against Molina or Angulo. He probably is the best Cuban pro boxer of the last 10 years because there haven't been many really good ones. I think his fight with Hurd is an even fight that either man has an equal chance to win. I don't think he is nearly as good as Mayweather. Mayweather was very consistent. He always won and he was never knocked down. He didn't run as much as Lara has done in some fights. Since losing to Canelo Lara has defended his title against very poor opposition. Hurd is the first real good fighter he has fought in a long time.

Comment

That doesn't reflect well on Cuban boxing... who's he actually beat?

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              I mean, he was robbed against Paul Williams, he schooled Trout who gave Canelo and Charlo close fights and recently gave Hurd all he could handle before winning on size, he had a really close fight with Canelo, he also took the undefeated of olympian Terrell Guasha, if he beats Hurd he has a strong argument to be top 10 p4p.

Comment

Yes, he is and I believed that he was since 2012/2013, Gamboa and Rigo were more talented but both of them were put against two elite guys that were far bigger than them, Lomachenko and Crawford are in many people top 3 p4p and when a p4p guy has a big weight advantage over you, you are probably losing 9/10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  lara fans can just use the ole golovkin excuse playbook

"just the guys that would actually fight him"...cause, ya know, your guy wouldnt even consider him

and if he didnt actually win the fight they can use the other play from the playbook "everyone knows he actually won"

Comment

Big Lara Fan but have a BAD FEELING that he is next. I feel like Hurd size and Pressure gives him major problems and Hurd probably outworks him for a Close maybe even Controversial Decision

But Lara could make it very boring and get it to the cards

Comment

Working...
                    X