Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my best friend is engaged to a older woman. did he make a mistake?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    My best friend is now engaged to an Older woman whose 34 years old with a 6 year old daughter. The daughter was conceived through her past relationship and the boyfriend left due to that, afraid or non committal of fatherhood, and she didn't chase him for something and take cares of her own daughter at her own accord and left her ex boyfriend be. She didn't have a relationship until three years later with my friend who was at a time 24 now 27 and then three years later they are engaged. The woman is good looking, quite beautiful actually with brunnette hair and straight nose and not tall though not short and works as an Architect. But with that in hand about the woman my friend here is your average Joe though good looking and takes care of himself. But did he make a mistake on marrying an older woman with a child? He likes the daughter too and looks at her as his own.
    How old are you Thraxox? You sound about 10. Do kids scare you? If you look at relationships from a boyish/immature perspective then you might see it as a mistake. If your friend's feelings are strong for this woman then no mistake was made at all.

Comment

perfect story for grown men to discuss.

i get on the forum once a year lately...and every time I burst inlo lol mode.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
        How old are you Thraxox? You sound about 10. Do kids scare you? If you look at relationships from a boyish/immature perspective then you might see it as a mistake. If your friend's feelings are strong for this woman then no mistake was made at all.

Man I'm 29 with a wife and kid on my own. I'm just asking if it is better to like be older than the woman especially if the woman has a kid from an another relationship.

Comment

7 years isn't bad man.

Actually, the last woman I dated was years 7 older than me. Didn't work out, but it had nothing to do with our age.

As far as the kid goes, I don't see a problem with that either as long as he's mature and committed enough to be a stepdad. Not many people are willing to step up to take care and raise a kid that isn't biologically theirs, so good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            7 years isn't bad man.

Actually, the last woman I dated was years 7 older than me. Didn't work out, but it had nothing to do with our age.

As far as the kid goes, I don't see a problem with that either as long as he's mature and committed enough to be a stepdad. Not many people are willing to step up to take care and raise a kid that isn't biologically theirs, so good for him.
            New England does that **** all the time, he always raising other peoples kids

Comment

One of the best relationships I've ever had was with a woman 15 years older than I am, and I'm talking to an older woman now as well.

Saying that, kids complicate things. Especially if one of you doesn't have children. I know dudes that have married women with kids and things seemed to work out pretty naturally, as well as cases where the dude was obviously some chump fooled into providing/raising kids with a woman who obviously wouldn't otherwise be with him.

I think the rule of thumb is that, if you took the kids out of the situation, would she be interested in him?

Comment

27 and 34 aint that big of a difference. the kid is what im more concern about.

Comment

Sounds like he needs a mommy, and she will provide that service for him.

Comment

We are only talking about a 7 year difference here. He's had three years to determine whether or not they are compatible. If you trust his judgment to be friends with you, then trust his judgment to determine who he wants to marry.

Comment

As long as he's happy and she's not a succubus, it should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X