No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Roman/Rungvisai...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
    That wasn't even chocolatito's best. All the wars are starting to catch up to him. The Cuadras fight really took a lot out of him.
    agreed, but by the looks of his last fight, it actually took more out of cuadras...
    he looked terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Yea I had it for Berto by slit decision, didn't have a problem with a draw or a win for Ortiz, it was a close fight, and a great fight, a fight that brought me closer to boxing at a time when other distractions in life had me drift briefly from it.

This was back when I (mistakenly) truly believed Berto could flourish into the biggest threat to Floyd, and this was when Ortiz was already known as a quitter, so it was easy to root for Berto going in.
      Already a while ago, but I had ortiz winning clearly. I have no scorecards at hand, but the rounds he won were not close.

Besides that, how can you yourself have it by split decision? Are you pretending to be three different judges who each value different aspects of boxing more?

Comment

It was definitely an incredible fight, Loaded.

I thought Roman did enough to pull out the victory...woulda been okay with a draw, though. But a loss...man that had to be a tough, bitter pill to swallow for Chocolatito.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          having a good chin does to equate to winning a fight.

neither does plodding forward, grunting while throwing single shot's....when you are countered by 6 or 7 in reply.

The judges / people were clearly swayed by the KD and the blood.
          Look at it this way.

If you gave Choco that win, then you give
          • Bradley the win over Pacquiao
          • Kovalev the win over Ward
          • Broner the win over Porter

For the same reasons.

Judges expect fighters to "show up". I keep saying this. If they don't, they get punished on the cards. We've seen it time and again with Manny.

Choco performed absolutely poorly that night and nobody can say exactly why. He fought Rungvisai's fight and got punished for it.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
            Already a while ago, but I had ortiz winning clearly. I have no scorecards at hand, but the rounds he won were not close.

Besides that, how can you yourself have it by split decision? Are you pretending to be three different judges who each value different aspects of boxing more?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Look at it this way.

If you gave Choco that win, then you give
              • Bradley the win over Pacquiao
              • Kovalev the win over Ward
              • Broner the win over Porter

For the same reasons.

Judges expect fighters to "show up". I keep saying this. If they don't, they get punished on the cards. We've seen it time and again with Manny.

Choco performed absolutely poorly that night and nobody can say exactly why. He fought Rungvisai's fight and got punished for it.
              lol...what? no you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                lol...what? no you don't.
                Yes you do.

Fighter A has a history of being an attack demon. Comes up against Fighter Y and all of a sudden they're tentative, nervous, afraid to take risks, and their punches are having no effect so they stop throwing as much. I promise you, judges will punish that fighter.

How else do you explain Mayweather/Pacquiao? They gave it to Floyd because Floyd showed up and Manny didn't.

Comment

Yes you do.

Fighter A has a history of being an attack demon. Comes up against Fighter Y and all of a sudden they're tentative, nervous, afraid to take risks, and their punches are having no effect so they stop throwing as much. I promise you, judges will punish that fighter.

How else do you explain Mayweather/Pacquiao? They gave it to Floyd because Floyd showed up and Manny didn't.
                  yeah you DO! cos....they all had 1 KD in them therefore = they are all basically the same fight

are you dim? (dont answer)

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    What a spectacle. What a treat. The kind of fight that reminds you why you love the sport. Two skilled warriors going toe to toe, leaving it all in the ring, what a show. Pure drama. sledgehammer shots, granite chins, hearts of lions.
                    it was a big drama show...

Comment

Yes you do.

Tentative by throwing more punches and landing more punches? Not sure if you are trolling or not sure what? All this while being headbutted and bleeding everywhere. They didn't give **** to Floyd. He undressed manny that fight and made him look like a gun shy amateur.

Comment

Working...
                      X