No announcement yet.

If Canelo wins, what's next for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Canelo wins, what's next for GGG?

...many people will write him off and say he's finished at the highest level. Do you think he'll bounce back?

A third fight against Canelo? Will he focus on Charlo, Saunders..etc. I wonder if the motivation will still be there.
    Last edited by VatoMulatto; 08-12-2018, 09:28 AM.

The most preposterous outcome here is a clean Canelo KO'ing GGG. Sometimes it's good for the preposterous things to happen. The problem we have is Canelo will then avoid Danny Jacobs and Billy Joe Saunders, the other two top Middleweights out there. Also won't be interested in going near Jermall Charlo. Expect to see Canelo vs. Sergio Martinez, Canelo vs. Pacquiao, etc.

Comment

if canelo GENUINELY beats ggg (not talking robbery which could be a real possibility) then its hard to know where he goes at 36.

Comment

A retirement fight vs. Sadam Ali .

Comment

Depends on how canelo wins. If its another close fight then a 3rd one is in order with both taking other challengers in between.

Comment

If GGG loses we'll never hear the end of it. This place will be flooded with "GGG exposed", "fraud" for years.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              If GGG loses we'll never hear the end of it. This place will be flooded with "GGG exposed", "fraud" for years.
              I will staunchly defend my khazakhstani brother from another mother if that happens. Rest assured.

Comment

Obviously he'll have to retire as losing would make him the biggest fraud of all time. Yet Canelo will somehow be considered one of the greatest fighters of all time despite how much of a fraud Lil' Markass Buster Triple Eurobum Gstring is. Because that's how this site works.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                  if canelo GENUINELY beats ggg (not talking robbery which could be a real possibility) then its hard to know where he goes at 36.
                  How it happens makes all the difference in any aging fighters career. I just don't see him losing without controversy though, but it's boxing, he's past his prime & some fall off a cliff. Still, just look at Kovalev who's suffered a controversial loss, then was flat laid out & still wants to compete.

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  ...many people will write him off and say he's finished at the highest level Do you think he'll bounce back?

A third fight against Canelo? Will he focus on Charlo, Saunders..etc. I wonder if the motivation will still be there.
                  Golovkin will still want to prove it against at least a couple other top talents I'd think. As long as he doesn't look old in there he'd have a real good shot of doing so. Think he's still chasing that war in the ring. Would like to see him take on the young lion or move up before he hangs the gloves up.

btw, like the Revolver sig & avatar from Boardwalk Empire.

Being a VoFW myself, it was always my greatest fear.
                  Before my time The Great War inflicted some of the most gruesome injuries. Crazy to think of how our forefathers adapted to rapidly changing technology of the time. A generation before there was no repeating rifles, then suddenly they're dealing with long range artillery, tanks, mustard gas & charging embedded troops dug in trenches with machine guns.

I'd highly recommend watching Apocalypse WW1 or listening to Dan Carlin's multi-part podcast if interested in the subject.

WW1 German Knight.

Last edited by S7V7N; 08-12-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    ha ha thats exactly how this place will be for years, it will be a feeding frenzy for the kiddies

if canelo manages to stop golovkin this place will be hilarious, off the charts

Comment

Working...
                    X