No announcement yet.

Does Kovalev need a new trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    Nah, he was great, but he got old, picked up some bad vices and declined. It's called life.
    Exactly this. He was a damn good fighter, but everyone gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Nah, he was great, but he got old, picked up some bad vices and declined. It's called life.
      He's only a year older than Alvarez.

Comment

Idk if it matters much at this point

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Or has he just simply peaked and is now on the downslide?
          Great fighter but his style doesnt usually last well bro. I think over training was a factor last night i read kovalev had done a 3 month camp so probably peaked too soon.

Comment

He needs to retire.

Comment

I mean hes 35 and his punch resistance is steadily decreasing at this point the best trainer in the world cant help him. Maybe do one last farewell fight in russia vs some no name and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
                Kovalev needs way more than a new trainer, my friend....maybe start by begging his Father, Andre Ward, to give him his Heart and Soul back...

I've never seen such a "feared" fighter get turned into such a p*ssy in this manner before....the guy tapped his ACTUAL nuts crying to the ref last night 100% more times than Ward hit him there...
                You bring up some good points, CEO.

Comment

Too late. He's 35 years old and at this point his reaction time has declined so it is what it is. His punch resistance will only get worse from this point on. And besides, he is too stubborn to actually listen to someone. JDJ said he did his own thing and it is clear by how he is running camp this is how he prefers it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    He's only a year older than Alvarez.
                    He is much older in boxing terms. He was in a lot more battles.

Comment

If he decides to keep fighting, he probably should change trainers, but only if he is going to actually listen to them.
                      He really seems on the decline though.

Comment

Working...
                      X