Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sober people, how do you fare in bars or heavy drinking atmospheres?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
    No offences, but i rarely used to see Asian people in bars even the ones on campus. It came up in a group convo i had with These Asian chicks, and they said Asian people have a bad reaction to alcohol. They said it is something in their genes, and it causes them to turn red and break out in hives when they drink. They all said they get drunk faster than the average person. Is there any truth to this, Shaolin? If so, that would suck, because you are missing out on a big part of adult social life.
    This is true, it's called the "Asian Flush", or "Asian Glow", but very little people know what it fully entails. You don't just turn a little red in the face, no, you are actually allergic to alcohol and could die if you drink too much. turning red is your body telling you to stop drinking the poison. for asian people (some), alcohol really is poison because the liver refuses to dillute and absorb the bad stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
      This is true, it's called the "Asian Flush", or "Asian Glow", but very little people know what it fully entails. You don't just turn a little red in the face, no, you are actually allergic to alcohol and could die if you drink too much. turning red is your body telling you to stop drinking the poison. for asian people (some), alcohol really is poison because the liver refuses to dillute and absorb the bad stuff.
      Oh shjt...that gots to suck! Now i know why a good friend of mine (Asian chick) turned down an invite to the pub with us back in college. All three of us, a Portuguese chick, an Asian chick and myself wanted to go the pub, but the Asian chick refused, so we dropped her home. She said she wanted to come, but she doesn't think it is a good idea. Any idea why Asians are allergic to alcohol?

Comment

Working...
      X