Senate Republicans deploy ‘nuclear option’ after Gorsuch filibuster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    http://www.politifact.com/virginia/s...ds-gun-record/

Not true about him being weak on the 2nd amendment. More lies and fake garbage you regurgitated from either Brietbart or fox without checking for yourself.
    I'm willing to discuss this, and I may learn some things I was not aware of, but I'm not going to bother if you're going to act like a child and be disrespectful.

You're trying to win again, or have another snark off, and I'm not interested. I'd read in a few places NOT BREITBART that had 2nd Amendment cases that concerned them.

If you want to discuss this like adults, act like it.

If you want to see who can be a bigger ass to the other, I concede you'll win.

I mean, it doesn't matter anyway. The guy is gone and Gorsuch is likely being seated Friday. But if you want to both put our views out and see where the chips fall, I'm willing. I have an open mind that I may have been wrong, and I'm willing to be shown if I was, if I'm not insulted.

But stop trying to have a battle of wits and snark with me. I'm here to see if my beliefs are based on facts, or if someone can show me in an adult manner that I must change them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      I'm pro prostitution, drug legalization, and assisted suicide; and anti helmet and seat belt laws, for example.

I'm more socially "liberal" than modern 'liberals' are!!

On top of the above, where I showed I am against the Reps on alot of social issues, I tend to put fiscal and foreign policy over social issues (unless it's what I consider Constitutional rights). So I can see how'd get that very impression. But I've no reason to bs.

And I trust the Reps ALOT more on fiscal issues that Dems. Once we saw Government-run bankruptcies (ie cities/counties/governments) filing bankruptcy and almost all were ran uninterrupted by Democrats for decades upon decades, the debate was settled as to who (in a strictly R vs D only sense) was better on fiscal policy.

That is not true at all.

On top of the above issues, on record voting for Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, for starters. I was a huge supporter of Jesse Ventura when he was in office, though he's gone off the deep end many years ago.

In short, people here tend to debate 'R vs D', and for the reasons stated I will fall on the Team R side more often than not. It is what it is. But on plenty of individual issues/policies discussed here I've taken a side against BOTH Reps and Dems (trade deals, CAFE standards, for example).
      Why if you are "libertarian" then why not put your vote where your thinking lies and vote libertarian.

I just hate when dudes claim they are this and claim they are that, then when you hear how their voting record goes they are totally different.

You agree your voting record pretty much has you as a die hard republican.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        But when the Republicans filibustered Obama's Supreme Court nominee for several months, filibustering was cool
        It wasn't a filibuster.

I think Dunn and I's back-and-forth showed that.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
          Why if you are "libertarian" then why not put your vote where your thinking lies and vote libertarian.
          I have.

I just told you I've voted for Gary Johnson in the past.

He's a Libertarian.

I just hate when dudes claim they are this and claim they are that, then when you hear how their voting record goes they are totally different.
          Mine does not.

Look, you're never going to get a perfect candidate, unless you yourself run. You vote for the best option, for a variety of reasons. Alot depends on the state of things as well. The more unstable the world is, the more important foreign policy is, for example.

You're trying to pigeon-hole, again.

You agree your voting record pretty much has you as a die hard republican.
          No, I do not.

I'm really not going to argue what you're going to label me. Label away.

But if you want to ask my views on any specific issue/policy/etc, just ask. That should help you understand me better.

Comment

I have.

I just told you I've voted for Gary Johnson in the past.

He's a Libertarian.

Mine does not.

Look, you're never going to get a perfect candidate, unless you yourself run. You vote for the best option, for a variety of reasons. Alot depends on the state of things as well. The more unstable the world is, the more important foreign policy is, for example.

You're trying to pigeon-hole, again.

No, I do not.

I'm really not going to argue what you're going to label me. Label away.

But if you want to ask my views on any specific issue/policy/etc, just ask. That should help you understand me better.
            It's cool dude. I wont ask you about specific issues or policy because you will give me one answer but your vote will give another.

You understand why I think that of you, right?

It's like a gay guy saying hes not gay and loves fuking women but his actions show he is fuking guys. So hes gay.
            Last edited by boxinghead530; 04-06-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Do what?!?!
              That was a jab at that idiot boxinghead not you.

That's my take too.

I looked it up, but not alot really out there.
              Attending a totally liberal pozzed church is not a good sign. Apparently there was a case that he was soft on illegal aliens but someone else said he was just following the law. We'll pretty much have to wait to see what kind of justice he is.

Comment

Working...
              X