Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mikey's head size work for him or against him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Mikey's head size work for him or against him?

Mikey has a really big head. Does this work to make a bigger target, or does the bigger head help him absorb the blows?

very intresting question

Comment

I doubt that his head is easier to hit just because its marginally bigger than a big sized head for his body. However that marginal gain should go a very long way towards punch resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
        Mikey has a really big head. Does this work to make a bigger target, or does the bigger head help him absorb the blows?
        What Mikey's attempting here is truly and genuinely epic, since if he had a head normal in relative in size to his body I have no doubts he could still comfortably make Featherweight.

This means that he is not, in real terms, climbing just 2 weightclasses, but in fact 4... to even survive this fight with a target that size sitting on top of his Featherweight shoulders would be truly legendary.

Comment

Depends. If he manages to land a good headbutt Spence is donzo up the bumzo.

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Man View Post
            Depends. If he manages to land a good headbutt Spence is donzo up the bumzo.

A clash of heads would spell disaster for Spence. Sure he has the overall size advantage, but he's clearly outgunned when it comes to heads.

Comment

That head of Mikey's is gonna start feeling heavy on the legs and shoulders in the later rounds .

Comment

I have a big head and I have a hell of a chin. I've been punched before, never dazed, never stunned, never down.

Tua and stivern also have big heads and great chins. The skull is the hardest bone in the body. It stands to reason the more skull you have, the harder hits you can take.

Comment

Skull size has nothing to do with skull thickness determines how well you can take a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                    That head of Mikey's is gonna start feeling heavy on the legs and shoulders in the later rounds .
                    He needs to use it to his advantage and lean it on Spence's shoulders during clinches. That would wear out Spence's shoulders for the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X