Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tevin Farmer Rocks, Decisions a Game Jono Carroll To Retain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    Scorecards were fine. Slapping pitty pat shots vs clean power punches.
    Absolutely. Jono's was very active, but much of the time he was "working" Farmer was just walking him back to the ropes while smothering/ defending. Don't get Sergio's outrage.

At one point he said Farmer was getting out muscled or that Jono was stronger, but again, Farmer was walking him around the ring, pushing and leaning him to the ropes pretty much at will. I def do not think Farmer lost more than 4 rounds, but the fight was still fun to watch and competitive.

I disagree with 10-8 for the 11th round. An opponent should not lose a point if they don't get dropped or SEVERELY battered. I think the resilience of staying on your feet while hurt should be rewarded, and not penalized the same as falling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herdis View Post
      pathetic troll. Your Irish body got beat soundly. **** off prick
      Are you stupid I'm not Irish, I didn't root for him and I had Farmer winning the fight. But he didn't deserve to win that wide. Now phuk off little boy

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        I got farmer winning but if judges like volume Carroll over quality he gonna get a lot of rounds
        judges like promoters who pick them for fights so they can earn more money. you think they have some kind of ideology when it comes to scoring fights

Comment

• farmer is simply not good. nothing more to say. this was a hand picked fight against a no one and he struggled. the weak competition continues and the performances continue being bad. this carrol guy just had a draw with giullese francois and a split decision over some guy named john quigley. cherry pick almost gone wrong

Comment

• I don't wanna see Davis fight Farmer anymore. Waste of time.

Move up to 135, don't struggle with weight anymore, and take a couple of tune ups. Screw the belts. Real fans know who the good fighters are.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 03-15-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Where's the 5 million offer from Hearn? Did I miss something?

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                Quality>Quantity. That's how fights should be scored.
                What if the quality isn't particularly high quality either?

I just saw two light hitters pat away at each other for 12 rounds. Except for rounds 8 and 9 where I admit I dozed off.

I'll give it to Farmer on the basis that there were times where he was able to land clean to the chin inbetween all the fumbling.

Pretty unimpressive stuff all round.

DAZN should be thankful that the two fights before the main event were fairly interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Are you stupid I'm not Irish, I didn't root for him and I had Farmer winning the fight. But he didn't deserve to win that wide. Now phuk off little boy
                  I agree dunny. Farmer was more effective with the harder shots but the fight was closer than 9 rounds to 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                    Anybody know if they wear protection down there?
                    I imagine so but I don't know for sure. I had a girlfriend many years ago who had a habit of getting into fights and she said it could hurt like a mfer getting hit in the lady bits (or on the **** for that matter - which may explain why you almost never see the jab to the chest in the womens sport).

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      How do you see Berchelt-Davis? Just who you think would win?
                      Killer fight while it lasts. Gotta lean towards Davis.... I'll take him over anyone at 130 right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X