Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac-Bradley 2 does under 700,000 PPV buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDD1 View Post
    I'm not ignoring anythign-I am using your logic as you posted it.

Mike beat rios-TR passed him over for a rios fight because it was the more exciting fight on paper.

Tim beat JMM after he KO'd manny-sales for that fight wasn't great despite the backstory.

ARum is saying he wants pac v jmm 5.

Taking all the above into consideration leads me to conclude-

Should MIke beat JMM I'm sure he will get passed over for a JMM 5 fight because it is mmore profitable.

If Mike beats JMM, he likely gets passed over for a ruslan fight because it on paper is closer to rios/manny-which mike got passed over for.
    really gonna play slow huh? mike beats rios, there was still nothing to go off of in terms of promoting. mike beats marquez, marquez ko manny. now there is something to work off of. i said the only reason why they picked rios over mike the first time was because mike didnt have anything going for him and even tho he beat rios, rios was still the easier guy to promote out of this situation.

and u're saying the manny vs tim 2 fight flopped even though there is a back story to it, well if manny fight ruslan whats the back story to it? there isnt any! therefore it will even be harder to sell the fight. thats why i said if mike beats marquez then mike will be easier to sell against manny. but go ahead and keep acting like u dont get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
      really gonna play slow huh? mike beats rios, there was still nothing to go off of in terms of promoting. mike beats marquez, marquez ko manny. now there is something to work off of. i said the only reason why they picked rios over mike the first time was because mike didnt have anything going for him and even tho he beat rios, rios was still the easier guy to promote out of this situation.

and u're saying the manny vs tim 2 fight flopped even though there is a back story to it, well if manny fight ruslan whats the back story to it? there isnt any! therefore it will even be harder to sell the fight. thats why i said if mike beats marquez then mike will be easier to sell against manny. but go ahead and keep acting like u dont get it.
      I simply don't agree with your arguement and have listed the reasons why I don't. Your points are valid. when you consider what happened in the past with mike and the fact that HBO and BOb ahve been mrketing and promoting "action" and "excitement" it suggests they will go with Ruslan ahead of mike even if he beats JMM.

My point about tim v manny 2 was directed to your point about a mike win and and how to sell the fight-my point is its clear that as a selling point "beating JMM after he ko'd manny" isn't such a big selling point given that it didn't help sell another fight that had this same thing plus a much bigger backstory.

Comment

JMM is getting older so beating him is becoming less of a selling point as time goes by.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Is this guy a reliable source?
          Pac PPV buys are between 750,000-800,000 buys. That is a very good number considering Pac was koed 2 fights ago and Tim has only about 6 fans not to mention the *****ty undercards. Basically all the parties involved made a profit on this fight.

Now recent Floyd fight the PPV buys are slightly higher than Pac but after considering how high Floyd's guaranteed payment ($32m) and the high cost payment of big names undercards. GBP and Showtime lost a lot of money AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
            Bobby is always lyin
            Cool, so you take this guys word?
            Guess Mayweather/Maidana did 854k

Comment

ptard flowmoe wars still going strong.

its worse than the shia vs sunni.

Comment

Working...
              X