No announcement yet.

have any of you met a hof fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pryor

Pryor is the only big name fighter I've ever met, since I grew up in Cincinnati, I never missed a fight, amateur and Pro he had, I talked to him, most of the people around him and in his camp many times, went to the gym many times, and then met him over the years in Cincinnati, at times, met him on the streets when he had nothing.

Pryor is a good guy, not the most educated, lots of street smarts, but lacking a good bit of common sense also, not taking anything away from him, but it does not take long after speaking with him to figure this all out, it's easy to see why and how he was taken advantage and how his career was run by Panama LEwis and others and how they ruined it and him so fast, and how he avoided so many big fights, he had too many dumb, and greedy people around him.

Buddy Larosa the owner of Larosa's Pizza was his best influence, but he was not around all the time, and he was much older than Pryor, so the younger guys influenced him often as they were the ones he went out with, they ruined him with drugs as did hooking up with Panama Lewis, his entourage was absolutely huge, and Pryor's ego could not see that and could not see getting rid of any of the bums and hang arounds, over half his group needed to be told Leave and never come back, and get rid of Lewis, he would have then had an awesome career with more good people, smarter people and more that cared about him being around him, he was broke soon after he left boxing, and roamed the streets of Cincinnati for years with nothing, he finally became a Minister and tried to help others.

A very sad ending to a possible super career, he should have accepted the offer from Duran, and Leonard, both would have beaten him, but he still would have been JWW Champ and fought some good bouts there, he could have challenged many of the LW names at the time for good fights and gone on and built his record, and possibly could have got a fight with Hearns, for some big money, but all to no avail, OH Well, what a waste, and his people left him and were never seen or heard from again, that's just as sad.

Comment

Working...
    X