No announcement yet.

Super throwback photo!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super throwback photo!!!

How do u like THIS photo, boys?!?!? I took this in June of 1988 at Sugar Ray Leonard's pre-Olympic training camp at his gym in Maryland...these two killers on the ends had just fought each other (I was there for that, too) a few weeks earlier in Omaha...the kid in the middle is Michael Ward, a good fighter from D.C.

You couldn't find a bigger pic, Iceman?
    Cool photo.

Comment

I know, SORRY...I didnt realize it would come out so small...Ill scan the original...do u know who the two guys on the end are? I assume so....

Comment

i saw a bigger version of this, think it was you that posted it and all

and it's roy jones and gerald mcclellan
        great to see to awesome fighters together like that just chillin

Comment

cool photo.

Comment

Roy Jones? Ward in the middle. And can't quite recognize the other one.

Comment

that's Roy Jones, Michael Ward and Gerald McClellan...I took that photo at Sugar Ray Leonard's gym in June of 1988...Gerald had defeated Roy in a GREAT fight one month earlier but couldnt spar in camp because his jaw was stil sore from the fight with RJ (that's true, he told me himself)...
              Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 11-15-2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I took photos back then like this of Lamar Parks, Frankie Liles, Mike Bent, Bones Adams, Riddick Bowe, etc...had a feeling these guys would go on to do good things...

Comment

took this one out in Los Angeles last month...future world champ Frank Tate and future title challenger Ron Essett 27 YEARS after they fought each other at 156 pounds at the 1984 U.S. Olympic Trials...

Comment

Working...
                  X