Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Andre Ward Talks Crawford, Kovalev, Stevenson, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Andre Ward Talks Crawford, Kovalev, Stevenson, More

Andre Ward Video Interview - Now the unified WBA, WBO, WBC, IBF junior welterweight world champion - Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 knockouts) was in his home state for the fifth time in nine fights but for the first time in Lincoln, 45 minutes from his Omaha base.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You can tell Dre feels some type of way about Adonis Stevenson by his disdainful assessment on 'Supermans' status/place @ 175 and a potential oppnent leading to a clash to become undisputed : maybe its the fact that Stevenson is Lineal and until Ward beats him Dre cant say hes tha man, but I'm sure Ward will tell you otherwise considering his recent win.

I feel like what really bothers Ward is that he feels like hes giving Adonis something by fighting him -- something that Ward feels Adonis hasn't earned...its just feel weird given Ward always took on the best without complaining you know? but with Adonis I feel he really is thinking twice about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      You can tell Dre feels some type of way about Adonis Stevenson by his disdainful assessment on 'Supermans' status/place @ 175 and a potential oppnent leading to a clash to become undisputed : maybe its the fact that Stevenson is Lineal and until Ward beats him Dre cant say hes tha man, but I'm sure Ward will tell you otherwise considering his recent win.

I feel like what really bothers Ward is that he feels like hes giving Adonis something by fighting him -- something that Ward feels Adonis hasn't earned...its just feel weird given Ward always took on the best without complaining you know? but with Adonis I feel he really is thinking twice about it.
      Ward went and fought Kovalev twice while Stevenson has made every excuse to duck Krusher.
      Ward is probably looking at Adonis as a clown and an embarrassment.
      Fighting Stevenson probably won't even give him a big payday.
      The only thing fighting Stevenson does is clear up the whole undisputed title at 175 issue.
      After Ward beats Stevenson he should retire.

Comment

But if it happens I hope the play it as USA vs Canada

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
          Ward went and fought Kovalev twice while Stevenson has made every excuse to duck Krusher.
          Ward is probably looking at Adonis as a clown and an embarrassment.
          Fighting Stevenson probably won't even give him a big payday.
          The only thing fighting Stevenson does is clear up the whole undisputed title at 175 issue.
          After Ward beats Stevenson he should retire.
          Well there are two sides to that issue, I don't stand on either but to be fair Kovalev became Stevensons mandatory but bailed on the purse-bid to face Adonis and elected to face Bernard in a unification instead. I got a feeling that based off Wards comments regarding Adonis career he also may be misinformed as to what really happened and considers Stevenson a duck.

From the comments that I been reading on these boards for years since the fight fell through most fans overwhelming fault Stevenson and hardly any responsibility is charged to Kovalev's side. I hope this does not repeat with Ward and Stevenson because this fight is top three of the fights I wish to see.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            But if it happens I hope the play it as USA vs Canada
            Funny that Adonis is not even native to Canada.

Comment

From wha I saw looks like dre feels Adonis won't fight him anyway

Comment

Stevenson has a mandatory next, and Ward would probably have to face the winner of Artur Beterbiev - Enrico Koelling next. He may just move up and go for the Cruiser weight title. If you don't think you can unify then why keep all the belts? At this point in his career he just needs big money fights

Comment

if Andre Ward stays active there is not a fighter on the planet but who is going to beat him.

Comment

Working...
                  X