Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: A lot of You Said Golovkin Fight Would Never Be Made!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    I am surprised it might happen. Wake me up when the pre-fight weigh-in happens.
    ... or the VADA PED tests -- Canelo said he isn't fighting for the WBC belt...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... or the VADA PED tests -- Canelo said he isn't fighting for the WBC belt...
      He didn't fight for the WBC against Chavez but he had Vada testing

Maybe he can delay it until 3 weeks before the fight like Golovkin did on a few occasions? Perfectly fine though right?

Comment

People act like Golovkin has aged five years.
        The fight was in demand for Sept 2016 and now we'll get it Sept 2017.
        The way it is here, its like Golovkin has been waiting 5 years.
        Last edited by zzat; 05-07-2017, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Nah, we all knew the fight would get made. As soon as golden boy felt they they saw signs of slippage and age in ggg which is what they believe they saw following the fights with brook and jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            He actually did as that was the only leverage BBB side had and he took it away.
            All that paper title did for BBB side was make him pay more in sanctioning fee's his last two fights. Didn't make him a dime.
            Now BBB side got paid what he is worth instead of that 50/50 nonsense K2 was talking last year.
            Like I said, he is making uneducated haters like you look stupid right now.

lol honestly as a boxing fan I couldn't give 2 ****s about leverage I want the best fights to be made at the right time. If that makes me an uneducated hater then so be it. When you don't have a fighters nutsack blocking your vision you see things for how they really are. As a boxing fan I can't understand why you're happy this fight has taken so long to get made.

Dress it how you want but calling a fighter to the ring and fiercely proclaiming Mexicans don't **** around and then proceeding to **** around makes him look like an idiot.

I'm pretty sure they never asked for 50/50. That's not what the mandatory purse split is.

Since you know everything what exactly is GGG getting paid because as far as I'm aware that information isn't public.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
              lol honestly as a boxing fan I couldn't give 2 ****s about leverage I want the best fights to be made at the right time. If that makes me an uneducated hater then so be it. When you don't have a fighters nutsack blocking your vision you see things for how they really are. As a boxing fan I can't understand why you're happy this fight has taken so long to get made.

Dress it how you want but calling a fighter to the ring and fiercely proclaiming Mexicans don't **** around and then proceeding to **** around makes him look like an idiot.

I'm pretty sure they never asked for 50/50. That's not what the mandatory purse split is.

Since you know everything what exactly is GGG getting paid because as far as I'm aware that information isn't public.
              You must be a casual. Everyone knows the real fight isn't in the ring, it's at the negotiating table.

#AsideBidniss

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                Nah, we all knew the fight would get made. As soon as golden boy felt they they saw signs of slippage and age in ggg which is what they believe they saw following the fights with brook and jacobs.
                You are right, but I don't think it is a big deal. The disparity in age is the problem. When GGG was at his peak, Canelo was too young and inexperienced. Now Canelo is at his peak and GGG is not. It reminds a little of the Mayweather Mosely fight, but in that case, Mosely was demonstrably shot when they fought. In this case, I think GGG still has a little too in the tank for Canelo. I hope it is good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HardSpar View Post
                  He is at that age now, and he looked to be slipping in his last couple of fights. Anyone who is being honest and is not a ****** can see that.
                  just so happens the last 2 fights were his best fighting partners who could actually box? please u guys just dont stop with the excuses and pre excuses

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                    You are right, but I don't think it is a big deal. The disparity in age is the problem. When GGG was at his peak, Canelo was too young and inexperienced. Now Canelo is at his peak and GGG is not. It reminds a little of the Mayweather Mosely fight, but in that case, Mosely was demonstrably shot when they fought. In this case, I think GGG still has a little too in the tank for Canelo. I hope it is good fight.
                    I think ggg definitely still has more in the tank than mosley did. The thing with mosley was he was all inactive for over a year going into that fight and you can't do that in your late 30s. At least ggg has been active and still considered the top guy at 160 despite not looking as dominant recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post

K2 and Loeffler were both quoted last year saying the mandatory % was a good starting point and if its a 50/50 fight it should be a 50/50 split etc...
                      And your right we don't know what BBB side got paid but I will bet the house it isn't anywhere near the mandatory $$ he was trying to force last year.
                      Like i said the fight was only going to ever happen on Canelo's terms. Had nothing to do with him being scared its just smart business to maximize your earnings. Anyone dogging him for that has never been in a position to dictate terms in their life so they don't understand this concept. They grasp on to simple things like "but he said mexicans don't **** around etc.."
                      ODL stated the offer made last year and BBB side didn't do anything since then to improve his bargaining power so I doubt its too much different than the initial offer.
                      Last edited by QballLobo; 05-07-2017, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X