Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Golovkin has not been elevated to full champion ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Or in Sulaiman's words, come to an agreement with K2/Golovkin for a step aside.
    Yeah and I'd bet the sanctioning fees will all of a sudden become a problem for Canelo too when he finally has to fight Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
      Yeah and I'd bet the sanctioning fees will all of a sudden become a problem for Canelo too when he finally has to fight Golovkin
      The way I see it, WBC is putting the WBC title shot in Golovkin's hands. So if GGG enforces the rules on Canelo and rejects step aside money, then they avoid any further playing around. If they decide to take a possible step aside fee, and then Canelo fights who ever he's going to fight and relinquishes the title, that is on Golovkin and his team if they miss out on that lurrative payday. At the end of the day, his promoter, trainer and his fans don't even care about who he fights, they have made it clear that they want the titles. The fans have made it clear that they just want him to unify and they don't care against who. So it won't matter if he does not fight Canelo, cause WBC would strip Canelo and make Golovkin the full champion, and his fans get what they want. Which is Golovkin having the WBC/WBA/IBF titles and waiting on the Lee/Saunders winner to get all the titles.

If Cotto wins, then Golovkinjust becomes the WBC champion.

So I don't see what the issue is here. The goal is not for Golovkin to fight the best, it's to collect titles. That is what you guys want, and what K2 wants. Titles and money fights, but he won't get the money fights cause with his 97k PPV he is not in high demand to be seen on PPV, which is what Cotto and Canelo want. He should have fought similarly popular fighters like Lara and Ward. Can't have it both ways, at least he will get the titles.

Comment

The way I see it, WBC is putting the WBC title shot in Golovkin's hands. So if GGG enforces the rules on Canelo and rejects step aside money, then they avoid any further playing around. If they decide to take a possible step aside fee, and then Canelo fights who ever he's going to fight and relinquishes the title, that is on Golovkin and his team if they miss out on that lurrative payday. At the end of the day, his promoter, trainer and his fans don't even care about who he fights, they have made it clear that they want the titles. The fans have made it clear that they just want him to unify and they don't care against who. So it won't matter if he does not fight Canelo, cause WBC would strip Canelo and make Golovkin the full champion, and his fans get what they want. Which is Golovkin having the WBC/WBA/IBF titles and waiting on the Lee/Saunders winner to get all the titles.

If Cotto wins, then Golovkinjust becomes the WBC champion.

So I don't see what the issue is here. The goal is not for Golovkin to fight the best, it's to collect titles. That is what you guys want, and what K2 wants. Titles and money fights, but he won't get the money fights cause with his 97k PPV he is not in high demand to be seen on PPV, which is what Cotto and Canelo want. He should have fought similarly popular fighters like Lara and Ward. Can't have it both ways, at least he will get the titles.
        When is Ward's next fight?
        How is Lara going to fight on HBO?

It's always the same dumb **** lol
        At least you waited until the end to let me know that you're a complete idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
          When is Ward's next fight?
          How is Lara going to fight on HBO?

It's always the same dumb **** lol
          At least you waited until the end to let me know that you're a complete idiot.
          "Should have fought"

You are trying too hard to be a bad ass, illiterate internet goof.

Anyway, they can still fight now. Lara is coming up to 160 and Haymon will fund his side of the money. Its been tweeted by reliable people that Haymon would allow the fight. It's up to K2 and Sanchez.

Comment

"Should have fought"

You are trying too hard to be a bad ass, illiterate internet goof.

Anyway, they can still fight now. Lara is coming up to 160 and Haymon will fund his side of the money. Its been tweeted by reliable people that Haymon would allow the fight. It's up to K2 and Sanchez.
            So, internet rumors is how Lara is going to fight on HBO?

Should have fought Ward, who wasn't even ready to fight?
            Wasn't even fighting at 168 and hasn't fought at 168 since 2013.

Damnation lol

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
              Why hasnt GGg been declare the full champion? Why hasnt GGG sued the WBC and why can Canelo fight for the title ??

Is this even legal? Is GGG getting screwed by the WBC again ?
              my guess is that its because the step-aside deal is a civil matter between K2 and Roc, and probably not actionable by the WBC.

When the WBC mandated that a step aside deal had to be reached in order for Cotto-Canelo to be negotiated as a WBC title fight, the parties signed an agreement and sent it to the WBC. At that point, the WBC allowed Cotto-Canelo to be sanctioned. It is through no fault of Canelo that the situation is what it is now, so penalizing him would not be fair. Also, GGG is not harmed by the title still being available to Canelo. It actually helps him as it could be an inducement to making Canelo-GGG if Canelo wins and decides to keep the belt.

As for GGG, his harm is only economic at the moment, and his step-aside contract is easily enforceable. He fulfilled his end. He stepped aside. You dont have to be an attorney to determine that he held up his end. So he will ultimately get his $800k. Roc/Cotto will either wise up and pay it next week, or K2 will likely file litigation.
              Last edited by OnePunch; 11-19-2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Has Canelo paid up already?

Comment

You Ricans are a cancer to the sport man. If anything Cotto should have been stripped when he fought Geale, but I'm sure to you that was another "boss move"for your papi Cotto SMH

Comment

Because he's an interm champ only

Comment

Working...
                    X