This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Temible
    any goldberg,hogan,hart,steiner,nash,sting fights ??
    I've got some to upload later. I'm busy the next few days...

Comment

• Originally posted by jason100x
      Vince owns it so unfortunately he can do as he pleases with it but it would have been nice if he could have made it more independent, at least on the surface, and kept the ties with WWE behind the scenes. The way it is now it's just an a third show to go with Smackdown and Raw.
      It's like Sunday Night Heat - and its main events are infomercials for the WWE PPVs...

Comment

• i like to jump out at people wearing only a luchador mask, i'm not really that into wrestling, i like the feel of the mask on my skin

Comment

• This was in Bill Simmons Page 2 article this week.

Question: Who was the greatest pro wrestler you ever saw and why?
          -- D Nice, Bronx, N.Y.

Sports Guy: I have to go with Randy Savage. For 10 reasons ...

1. During his WWF days, his matches were always excellent -- tons of moves, tons of bumps and a consistently high quality. His battle against Ricky Steamboat in Wrestlemania III was the first great modern wrestling match, the prototype for most of the matches today (it still holds up almost 20 years later). He was so good, he could even drag a decent match out of Hulk Hogan.

2. Nobody had a better nickname than "The Macho Man," with the possible exception of the "The Million Dollar Man," Ted DiBiase. Plus, he shrewdly avoided the obvious "Macho Man"/Village People link with his entrance song, which could have killed his career coming out of the gate.

3. Not only were his interviews phenomenally bizarre and entertaining, he was one of the first wrestlers to refer to himself almost entirely in the third person. The Macho Man was like the Rickey Henderson of wrestling, right down to the fact that you never knew what the hell he was talking about. And nobody was more fun to imitate. Ohhhhhhh ... yeah!!!!

4. He was the first mainstream wrestler to travel with a female manager (the gorgeous Miss Elizabeth), which was a godsend for horny wrestling fans in the '80s and eventually opened the door to Missy Hyatt, Sable, Sunny and all the female managers and wrestlers now. Let's face it -- wrestling was like a sausage party from college until Miss Elizabeth showed up. In retrospect, it's hard to believe that nobody thought, "hey, our sport revolves around male wrestlers rolling around in tights in front of a a predominantly male audience ... maybe we should bring some attractive ladies in here to mix it up!"

5. On the Unintentional Comedy Scale, his beard was a solid 8.6, his thinning hair (eventually covered by a bandanna) was a 7.8, his voice was a 9.5, and his interviews were a 9.9. Warrants mentioning.

6. He wasn't opposed to wrestling with his sunglasses on. A lost art, really.

7. He was brothers with Leaping Lanny Poffo, a charter member of the "Fredo Hall of Fame" with Don Swayze, Prince Harry, Ashlee Simpson, Brett Gretzky, Frank Stallone, Jeremy Giambi, the Shula siblings, the Schottenheimer brothers, Eric Roberts, Jimmy Baio, Steve Sanders' half-brothers, Ozzie Canseco, Clint Howard, Eddie Bird and everyone in Snoop Dogg's family.

8. Looking back, his original WWF gimmick was unbelievable -- the Macho Man wasn't just a bad guy, he was also a jealous boyfriend who always threatened to pull a Brett Myers on his girlfriend (Miss Elizabeth) in front of sold-out stadiums. Invariably, she would screw up his match and he would pull her by her hair into the ring, and as everyone was screaming at him not to whack her, one of the good guys would run in and save the day. (Note: He never actually whacked her. Even the WWF didn't cross that line.) I'm not condoning this angle, just pointing out that when you can rally back from being the "mean-spirited boyfriend who might hit his lady at any time" and somehow parlay this into eventually becoming a good guy ... I mean, that's when you KNOW you have talent. Anyway, that was the first and last domestic violence angle in pro wrestling. Thank God.

9. He had one of the first great off-the-rope finishing moves: The flying elbow from the top rope. Doesn't seem like a big deal now ... HUGE deal at the time. Like Doctor J dunking on someone for the first time.

10. Macho Man was a centerpiece of the greatest wrestling angle of the '80s, when he became a good guy and teamed up with Hulk Hogan as the Mega-Powers, then things started falling apart when the Macho Man thought Hulk had eyes for Elizabeth, culminating in the Macho Man refusing to accept Hulk's tag during a Saturday Night Main Event (they ended up losing), followed by a screaming match in the locker room in which Savage yelled things like "You got jealous eyes! Oh, yeah ... you got jealous eyes!" before finally sneak-attacking Hogan as Elizabeth screamed in horror. As far as the defining buddy-turning-on-buddy events of the last 25 years, this was right up there with Crockett shooting Tubbs, The Game calling out 50 Cent, T.O. ripping McNabb, Kobe ratting out Shaq to the Colorado police, Shawn Michaels kicking Marty Jannetty through the window and Brandon sleeping with Dylan's girlfriend. And yes, my buddy Birdman and I reenacted this entire scene at 3 a.m. after about 45 beers apiece, with our pal Nick Aieta playing Miss Elizabeth. Fortunately, no videotape exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Sonny !!
            This was in Bill Simmons Page 2 article this week.

Question: Who was the greatest pro wrestler you ever saw and why?
            -- D Nice, Bronx, N.Y.

Sports Guy: I have to go with Randy Savage. For 10 reasons ...

1. During his WWF days, his matches were always excellent -- tons of moves, tons of bumps and a consistently high quality. His battle against Ricky Steamboat in Wrestlemania III was the first great modern wrestling match, the prototype for most of the matches today (it still holds up almost 20 years later). He was so good, he could even drag a decent match out of Hulk Hogan.

2. Nobody had a better nickname than "The Macho Man," with the possible exception of the "The Million Dollar Man," Ted DiBiase. Plus, he shrewdly avoided the obvious "Macho Man"/Village People link with his entrance song, which could have killed his career coming out of the gate.

3. Not only were his interviews phenomenally bizarre and entertaining, he was one of the first wrestlers to refer to himself almost entirely in the third person. The Macho Man was like the Rickey Henderson of wrestling, right down to the fact that you never knew what the hell he was talking about. And nobody was more fun to imitate. Ohhhhhhh ... yeah!!!!

4. He was the first mainstream wrestler to travel with a female manager (the gorgeous Miss Elizabeth), which was a godsend for horny wrestling fans in the '80s and eventually opened the door to Missy Hyatt, Sable, Sunny and all the female managers and wrestlers now. Let's face it -- wrestling was like a sausage party from college until Miss Elizabeth showed up. In retrospect, it's hard to believe that nobody thought, "hey, our sport revolves around male wrestlers rolling around in tights in front of a a predominantly male audience ... maybe we should bring some attractive ladies in here to mix it up!"

5. On the Unintentional Comedy Scale, his beard was a solid 8.6, his thinning hair (eventually covered by a bandanna) was a 7.8, his voice was a 9.5, and his interviews were a 9.9. Warrants mentioning.

6. He wasn't opposed to wrestling with his sunglasses on. A lost art, really.

7. He was brothers with Leaping Lanny Poffo, a charter member of the "Fredo Hall of Fame" with Don Swayze, Prince Harry, Ashlee Simpson, Brett Gretzky, Frank Stallone, Jeremy Giambi, the Shula siblings, the Schottenheimer brothers, Eric Roberts, Jimmy Baio, Steve Sanders' half-brothers, Ozzie Canseco, Clint Howard, Eddie Bird and everyone in Snoop Dogg's family.

8. Looking back, his original WWF gimmick was unbelievable -- the Macho Man wasn't just a bad guy, he was also a jealous boyfriend who always threatened to pull a Brett Myers on his girlfriend (Miss Elizabeth) in front of sold-out stadiums. Invariably, she would screw up his match and he would pull her by her hair into the ring, and as everyone was screaming at him not to whack her, one of the good guys would run in and save the day. (Note: He never actually whacked her. Even the WWF didn't cross that line.) I'm not condoning this angle, just pointing out that when you can rally back from being the "mean-spirited boyfriend who might hit his lady at any time" and somehow parlay this into eventually becoming a good guy ... I mean, that's when you KNOW you have talent. Anyway, that was the first and last domestic violence angle in pro wrestling. Thank God.

9. He had one of the first great off-the-rope finishing moves: The flying elbow from the top rope. Doesn't seem like a big deal now ... HUGE deal at the time. Like Doctor J dunking on someone for the first time.

10. Macho Man was a centerpiece of the greatest wrestling angle of the '80s, when he became a good guy and teamed up with Hulk Hogan as the Mega-Powers, then things started falling apart when the Macho Man thought Hulk had eyes for Elizabeth, culminating in the Macho Man refusing to accept Hulk's tag during a Saturday Night Main Event (they ended up losing), followed by a screaming match in the locker room in which Savage yelled things like "You got jealous eyes! Oh, yeah ... you got jealous eyes!" before finally sneak-attacking Hogan as Elizabeth screamed in horror. As far as the defining buddy-turning-on-buddy events of the last 25 years, this was right up there with Crockett shooting Tubbs, The Game calling out 50 Cent, T.O. ripping McNabb, Kobe ratting out Shaq to the Colorado police, Shawn Michaels kicking Marty Jannetty through the window and Brandon sleeping with Dylan's girlfriend. And yes, my buddy Birdman and I reenacted this entire scene at 3 a.m. after about 45 beers apiece, with our pal Nick Aieta playing Miss Elizabeth. Fortunately, no videotape exists.
            The stuff about Miss Eliz is true Macho was really that way with her in real life and Mocho to this day claims that Hulk slept with her .

Comment

• Good stuff here - the youngster Robby V taking on Scotty Flamingo. Can a wet-behind-the-ears RVD defeat Raven in-a-different-gimmick?

http://www.youtube.com/v/9456rH82UHM

Comment

• Robocop saves Sting!

http://www.youtube.com/v/s3sIFaAFtFQ

Comment

• Big Show snots on a fan:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=85469

Comment

• Originally posted by neils7147933
                    classic..i forgot about robocop..thanks

how about some Piper's Pit.

Snuka and coconut?

Frank Gonzales-"you don't know nothing about nobody"

Piper destroys the Flower shop and adrian adonis

Comment

• hey neils have you seen the rise and fall of ECW? Im thinking about getting it. Just wanted to see if its worth my 20 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                      X