Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs GGG/KOVA - Double Standards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward's next fight will probably be a tune up, but it won't be in Sept. against GGG

Comment

Originally posted by theBEASTwithin View Post
      I already addressed this if you bothered to finish reading my post before getting your panties in a wad.. Froch & JCC bring more to the table than Ward, so GGG is more willing to meet their demands than someone like Ward, who should be the one submitting to GGG's demands. After all your talk about A-side/B-side BS, PPV #'s, boxing is a bidness, etc.. you should know this by now.
      Then you should look up the detention of double standard cause you don't know what it means lol

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Then you should look up the detention of double standard cause you don't know what it means lol
        yep.. not wasting any more time on you

Comment

Kovalev actually has a resume. It just shows haw laughably garbage Golovkin's resume is that his defenders always feel the need to lump him in with Kovalev, Loma, and even Wlad. I like Golovkin and watch all of his fights, I also can appreciate him without declaring him the next best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Kovalev actually has a resume. It just shows haw laughably garbage Golovkin's resume is that his defenders always feel the need to lump him in with Kovalev, Loma, and even Wlad. I like Golovkin and watch all of his fights, I also can appreciate him without declaring him the next best thing since sliced bread.
            Kovalev had the opportunity to fight guys like BHop n Pascal.
            Fighters at MW don't want anything to do with GGG.
            Keep crying "MUH RESUME!" like it's the 1980's lol

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Who's ward calling out at 175? What don't you guys get? Gg is trying so hard to fight froch and jcc at *gasp* 168 but said ward 164. Did ward say he'll fight pascal or Hopkins at 175 but Kov at 171?
              Ward said he'd fight "anybody" at 175, Herr Gruber.

And Ward said he'd fight Mayweather at 160, so why not Golovkin?

Comment

So, GGG has been getting a lot of flak around here ever since his promoter said they are willing to meet Ward in the middle at 164 + give him a 50% split to make this fight happen. I, personally, would prefer the bout take place at 168 (if/when GGG moves up naturally)- just to leave no doubt, but that could take too long and for now, meeting in the middle shouldn't be out of the question since they both have fought at their own weight divisions for pretty much their entire pro careers and it is pretty close to their natural weights. Isn't this why catchweights exist? Think about the CW for Cotto-Geale for a minute, and compare.

Now, Ward "fans" are saying GGG should just move up right now and even go as far as calling him a coward for not doing so. Shouldn't the same logic apply to Ward moving up to 175? Even more so? ..since he struggles to even make 168 now? I know he's been out the game for a while so I'm willing to cut him some slack but the guy himself has said many times that he plans on moving up to 175, his last fight technically was at LHW (over 168 limit) and he has already "cleaned out" 168 as his fans love to keep repeating..

..and there is the difference. One guy has already cleaned out his division and pretty much has nothing left to prove at that weight and much to gain by moving up, while the other still has unfinished business and at least 2 potential big money fights left at his weight and less to gain by moving up.. and GGG should be the one to move up? to leave that all behind for a fight with Ward? On Ward's terms? Really?

I know that GGG was willing to go up to 168 for Froch & JCC jr but those are big money fights and Ward simply is NOT. Ward wouldn't bring anywhere near the amount of $ those names bring to the table and would no doubt demand more than he deserves (which GGG is willing to give him btw, at 164). Ward should be bending over backwards to make these fights happen, but instead insists on being a Diva as usual and wonders why GGG/Kova are more respected and popular than he is.

Thoughts? (fIomos need not respond, we already know the hate you're going to spew)
                Ward, or anywhere affiliated with Andre Ward, never ran around saying 'i whoop every fighter 160-175" or anything like that.

Team Golovkin ran their mouths, and Golovkin never stepped out to reel any of it back, so he's got to stand by those words. simple as that.

Comment

yep.. not wasting any more time on you
                  Auto correct calm down bro. You clearly have nothing to say. Gg wants a cw and ward not goin to 175 have nothing to do with each other

Comment

The structure of the boxing business and governing bodies today is such that every boxer needs to be opportunistic: "Hi it's all about me and whatever I can take from the table. Or else somebody eats my food for me."

This explains everything. Floyd is the king of self-opportunism, as he is the greatest boxer of our time as well.

Cotto: "Hey Pac drained me, so I'm going to drain people as part of my gamesmanship. I'll take every advantage I can think of."

GGG: "My trainer Sanchez shoots off his mouth, saying I'll whip all takers 154-168, but in fact I want to win every belt at 160 first, unless Junior wants to fight, or maybe Froch, but Ward no way, maybe at 164 doe"

We can all make a longer list, as these are just a couple that came to mind

Today's boxing biz:

-- No meaningful titles or belts
                    -- "A side" fighters
                    -- And "B side" fighters who can eat s*h*t*
                    -- No same-day weight in (indeed, why have them at all?)

And so fan girls for each fighter spins things for his man, while opposing fans (on this board they are aligned mainly by race or nationality) spin against the fighter.

Silliness. Each fighter is doing what every other fighter with a brain would do, opportunistically, if he were in the same situation.

Comment

No double standards! GGG needs to move up and fight Ward(orDuck)! Then Ward needs to move up for Kov (orDuck)!
                      It's easy when you're not a dick rider! I want the best to fight the best period! I don't care who wins, I just know I want Ward vs GGG, &Kovalev! Quit Making excuses!

Comment

Working...
                      X