Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khabib Beats Up Joan Guzman, Unifies IBO/WBA Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a time when Guzman was a heavily avoided fighter. But that time has passed it seems. Looks like Father Time is on his tail now. I really thought he would outbox Khabib before the fight, but I was dead wrong. Khabib handily won this fight, and I would have been so angry had he been robbed of the decision, especially after the blatant missed KD. Props to him for unifying. I look forward to seeing him again. Props to Guzman for trying to get up and fight through injury, but it seems he really tore his knee up. Not a bad scrap while it lasted, but as everyone here has been stating, the refereeing was abysmal.

Comment

Really good fight, but as people have already said, the refereeing was awful & the judging was pathetic.
      Guzman won at most 3 rounds - even not taking into account the missed knockdown calls to have it as a one point fight is completely ridiculous. The judge who scored for Guzman should be suspended.

That said, big coming out party for Khabib & puts him in the mix with the elite of a great JW division, with a lot of big prospective fights out there.
      As for a rematch, very much doubt Guzman would be interested - he left it too late to get it together & this guy is just too tough for him at this stage of his career, and Guzman is too smart not to know it.

Comment

Ref saved Guzman's life. Guzman's fat ass should have been moved up instead of struggling to make weight all them years.

Comment

Khabib was too big and strong for the aging Guzman. All in all, the right guy won despite the less than stellar officiating. Let's hope Khabib is in the mix for some exciting fights. Would love to see him back in the U.S sharing the ring with a top LW.

Comment

We all know he is past his prime..Guzman at his best would had whoop the floor with this guy.

Comment

Cuban Linx where are you? what happen to your man, thought this was meant to be easy work for him?

Comment

After Guzman realized that Khabib was a tougher opponent than expected and that the ref was going to rule every kd as a slip, he was like: "**** this ****, I'mma just chill out on the canvas and let the judges sort it out. Bounce got my back on this one"

True story.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  To funny,how many people was pumping Guzman up for months now...Interesting..
                  Gotta admit when I woke up and saw the result I laughed

Comment

Originally posted by MujoHrnjica View Post
                    Cuban Linx where are you? what happen to your man, thought this was meant to be easy work for him?
                    This. Where you at son?

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                      Gotta admit when I woke up and saw the result I laughed
                      I laughed when he got dropped and kept slipping after hard punches lol

Comment

Working...
                      X